Senior Software Developer
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Senior Software Developer
Are you passionate about developing products and integrating these
products with different systems using the latest technologies?
Hobsons is seeking a talented and energetic Senior Software
Engineer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The role will suit a
self-motivated individual, who has 3+ years' of engineering
experience with a proven track record of product delivery.
The Senior Software Engineer at Hobsons will be involved in
significant development projects for our market-leading Higher
Education SaaS product. Your work will focus on developing
applications using various cutting-edge technologies following an
This position will be located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon
- We value engineers over application stacks. We work daily in
Java Spring, Node, Python and React using RESTful principles to
connect with SQL and NoSQL datastores. We prefer Node and
- We are always improving and working towards frictionless
development, automation and high quality code.
- We care about our users and delivering them a great
- We measure our successes and failures as a team, therefore we
value the ability to clearly communicate and work well with other
- Above all we value, security, availability, then features, in
Minimum Qualifications (some of the following):
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years'
experience. Experience with full stack Web Application development
using modern development technologies such as Node.js, ReactJS,
- Knowledge of OWASP top ten, and a strong foundation in
- 3+ years of database experience with technologies such as
Postgres and/or any NoSQL.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI
- Hands-on experience using Docker, Kubernetes and Git
- One year of experience using AWS services, such as Lambda, SES,
SQS, EC2, RDS, ALB's and have knowledge of VPC's (AWS and/or
RightScale knowledge a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in product or SaaS development or
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most
valuable assets - our employees. That's why we not only offer a
comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate
our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit
Work-Life Balance & Culture:
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Employee Funded Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please
visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about
Hobsons visit our corporate website at http://www.hobsons.com and
follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within
three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment
in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are
encouraged to apply.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected
Keywords: Hobsons, Washington DC , Senior Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!