Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Company: HTC Global Services, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2019
The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst is a general cybersecurity subject
matter expert that has attained additional in-depth IT and security
expertise in specific technologies and/or subject areas.
Accountable for implementation of cybersecurity strategy under the
direction of the CISO. Proactively analyzes and anticipates changes
in the cyber-threat landscape and actively participates in the
design of effective countermeasures. Will assist in the
development, implementation, and monitoring of access control, data
confidentiality, system integrity, system reliability, system
audit, recovery methods and procedures. This position will also
provide support in the monitoring of security logs and the daily
operational support of firewalls, SIEM, network DLP, vulnerability
scanning, enterprise full disk encryption, employee and vendor
remote access management. Position required to rotate on call
responsibility. Will be responsible for:
- Developing security architectures, reviewing system designs for
potential vulnerabilities and recommending security features and
improvements. Providing analytical and technical security
recommendations to other team members and clients.
- Leading investigations of security events, providing analysis
results and developing and implementing remediation plans.
- Identifying new security concepts, technology, and practices
and introducing them to the organization and system
- Maintaining awareness of current security vulnerabilities of
hospital IT infrastructure and proposing plans to address
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA, PCI, and other regulations and how to
integrate into secure architecture design.
- Ability to assist in information system security vulnerability
and threat analyses, gathering of intelligence, risk assessments
and mitigation planning and implementation
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting
- Implements security improvements by assessing current
situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Works with networking and systems teams in the configuration of
client devices to ensure configuration meets security requirements
for the organization.
- Monitors and reviews alerts/logs for suspicious behavior. Once
suspicious behavior is identified, analyst tracks down the root
cause of the behavior and if deemed malicious, reports, documents,
and remediates issue.
- Triage information security incidents and work with Information
Security Manager to investigate and mitigate.
- Communicates and escalates issues to management as soon as they
- Develop and maintain security process documentation and
Information Security procedures. Keep procedures up to date with
changing technology to address new security vulnerabilities.
Required License/Certifications: At least one information security
certification, such as - Security+, CISSP, GIAC, GSNA, CISA, and/or
CASP. Hands-on experience with common security tools and products.
Healthcare related IT experience a plus but not required.
Preferred, but not all required: Cisco Security Products - provided
Keywords: HTC Global Services, Inc., Washington DC , Senior Cyber Security Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!