Company: Planned Systems International
Posted on: August 17, 2019
DC - Washington
# of openings
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but
not to be limited to:
- Participating in the full agile application development life
cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java
applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components
to support overall project objectives.
- Participating in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be
adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong
communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving
the individual and team effectiveness.
- Contributing to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork
within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional
testing duties and part of incremental feature development.
- Adhering to, promoting, and helping maintain development
standards and best practices; participates in regular code
- Assisting development/test teams in activities with acceptance
testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as
- Communicating committed stories for the upcoming sprint to
backlog owners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 2+
years of hands on development experience with open source Java
stack. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and
relevant experience may be considered.
- Deep understanding and experience with designing and
implementing highly scalable web applications in a cloud
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery,
and cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with agile incremental delivery approach which
supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested J2EE
application component delivery every 2 weeks.
- Familiarity with J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience
and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java
development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience with object-oriented programming or an entire
software development life cycle in an academic or professional
- Experience in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able
to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Currently holds a DHS Public Trust Clearance.
- Certified in Lean Software Development, Kanban, Scrum and other
- Department Homeland Security (DHS) Experience.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with
value-added management consulting and information technology
services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized
as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit
mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions
to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on
making our clients' businesses run smoother and better. With a
highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art
information technologies, the industry's most advanced
methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S.
Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority
referrals of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Planned Systems International, Washington DC , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!