Senior Software Engineer
Location: Fort Belvoir
Posted on: August 17, 2019
MTEQ is a lead sensor system integrator focused on providing
advanced sensor technology to address C4ISR mission requirements.
MTEQ provides a broad range of technical support across two
divisions. Our Technical Services Division provides research,
development, analysis and field service support to advance the
architecting and fielding of advanced sensor systems for ISR and
Force Protection missions. Our System Division provides the
engineering design, development of complete and integrated
solutions from hardware to software for sensors, systems and
command and control architecture.
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual who has skills in a
myriad of software development disciplines to serve as a key member
of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be
the design, development, and testing of applications on both Linux
and Windows platforms. A successful candidate will be responsible
for developing efficient multi-threaded data acquisition and
control software for sensor based / EO-IR systems. Such software
requires working with a variety of interface technologies and
protocols including TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision,
RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO, as well as optimized libraries such
as OpenCV and OpenCL. Software developed will be hosted on both
general purpose and embedded computing platforms. The candidate
must be able to communicate effectively and work closely with
hardware and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer
Science, or applicable engineering or science field.
- Five or more years' professional experience developing software
in C++ (i.e., not academic) primarily on Linux platforms.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to readily
decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks.
- Strong Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming
- Experience / expertise in video and image processing,
preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as CUDA, OpenCV and /
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing data
acquisition and control software for sensor based systems utilizing
a variety of technologies and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, USB,
CameraLink, GigE Vision, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO).
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security
clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience/expertise developing software in Python (i.e., not
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs using Qt
- Experience/expertise implementing solutions on embedded GPU
boards (e.g., NVIDIA Jetson TX2)
- Experience/expertise employing complex data structures (e.g.,
queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators,
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming
constructs/practices (e.g., thread pools, abstract class
implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio,
Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git),
software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g.,
Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g.,
Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot
- Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development
- Hardware and software system integration
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
required; active clearance a plus.
SCHEDULE: Full time
LOCATION: Ft. Belvoir, VA
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process
please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720
Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: MTEQ, Washington DC , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Belvoir, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!