Systems Administrator II (Clearance Required)
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective
provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and
maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS
infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware,
operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere
to organizational values, enabling mission success. We seek to
build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple
functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek
people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in
multiple areas. This position requires CONUS travel.
What you'll do...
- Conducts hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and
design for the recap of production workstation systems.
- Provides installation management to include creating list of
materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project
timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully
executing installation projects, and documenting project
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file
systems and system data are successfully backed up to the
appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media
is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier I & II/other support per request from various
constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade
administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS
infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per
project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk
partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees
resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other
enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- This position requires CONUS travel.
You'd be a great fit if you have...
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years' relevant experience. Additional
years' experience may be considered without a degree.
- 1+ years experience providing Tier I or Tier II support.
- 1+ years experience investigating and troubleshooting
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification - CompTIA Security+ (or
must be able to obtain within 90 days of start date).
- Must have a current TS/SCI security clearance and be able to
maintain the clearance. What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to i nfluence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Washington DC , Systems Administrator II (Clearance Required), IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!