Software Engineer (Java, C++)
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Peraton is searching for an on-site Software Engineer in support of
the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) C3 Ground
System (DC3GS) in Suitland, MD. in charge of mission scheduling,
commanding, control, and telemetry processing software
What you'll do...
- You will be responsible for supporting full software life cycle
including software requirements definition, design/development,
testing, implementation, and sustainment.
- You will provide direct user support in troubleshooting issues
and delivering solutions.
- You will support the development of trade studies, software
designs, requirements & subsystem requirements allocation, and
analyses as part of the sustainment team.
You'd be great if...
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 7-10+ years relevant
professional experience; or a commensurate combination of
education, training and experience.
- You possess relevant, professional experience with FORTRAN,
C++, Java, and/or object-relational DBMS.
- You are able to interact with customers/users as a mission
partner. (in a Government facility)
- You are a team player and have experience working in a team
environment with documented software process and configuration
management control experience.
- You have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance (which
requires U.S. Citizenship) It would even better if you...
- Have knowledge of polar orbiting weather satellite ground
system software systems to include command, control, and telemetry
- Possess knowledge of polar orbiting satellite scheduling.
- Have experience with Atlassian software development tools.
- Have knowledge of ILOG constraint-based programming.
- Have knowledge of software development on OpenVMS with emphasis
- Have knowledge of software test, Configuration Management (CM),
and software Quality Assurance (QA) disciplines What you'll
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Washington DC , Software Engineer (Java, C++), IT / Software / Systems , Suitland, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!