Principal Cyber Systems Administrator (Linux)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Principal Cyber Systems Administrator (Linux) position will be located in Arlington, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
* Install, configure, and maintain multiple vendor specific devices.
* Ability to design, build, and maintain lab network and servers.
* Proficient in OSX, Linux, and Windows.
* Experience with VMWare virtualization software.
* Efficiently facilitate and expedite the tracking, handling, and reporting of all security events and computer incidents in accordance with government procedures.
* Work with other Team members to ensure an effective and efficient cyber incident management system for a Federal government customer.
* Responsible for implementing server configurations, operating systems, firewalls, patch management, and account management to protect the systems against threats and vulnerabilities.
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
* Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
* Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience required for the level 3 role. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for degree.
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years' experience required for the level 4 role. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for degree.
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed.
* Proficiency in Linux/Windows/OSX system administration.
* Understanding of Systems and Network Administration and Network Security.
* Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD.
* Previous experience developing Python/Bash/Perl or similar scripts.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Washington DC , Principal Cyber Systems Administrator (Linux), IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!