Systems Administrator 2/3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Systems Administrator Engineer to support an IT infrastructure network consolidation program in Fairfax, VA. The System Administrator will be a member of the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across while providing a decisive advantage to our customer's missions.
A Systems Administrator maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
The candidates will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
* Deploy/test monthly patch updates to Window machines
* Deploy, manage, maintain, and support Microsoft Window servers and workstations
* Create and configure VMs with VMWare vSphere
* Create user accounts and administer user privileges within active directory
* Deploy/test monthly patch updates (rpms) to RHEL servers
* Assist with implementation of automated processes or functions to improve daily operations as directed
* Assist with implementation of technical security technology and IT projects
* Manage/Deploy AV server and client products
* Integrate updated management/monitoring tools
* Collaborate in authoring system documentation and procedures
This position can be hired at level 2 or level 3
* Basic qualification for a Level 2 are -- 3 Years with Bachelors; 1 Year with Masters; or 7 years of System Administration experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
* Basic qualification for a Level 3 are -- 6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters; or 10 years of System Administration experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
* Active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph
* Experience loading, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows operating systems, including Windows Server and Windows 7.
* Experience with virtualization and/or cloud technologies such as VMWare vSphere, Oracle PCA, Hyper-V, or Amazon Web Services
* Strong background in Windows administration including Active Directory, Group Policy, and WSUS
* Experience with implementing infrastructures within Amazon Web Services
* Experience with Linux/Unix system administration
* CompTIA Security+ Certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II or III certification
* Scripting experience with bash, Python, or PowerShell
* Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
* Strong working knowledge of IP address/Networking theory including common command line tools and commonly used ports to troubleshot and test network/connectivity issues
* Familiarity with Firewall types/theory and configuration of OS installed FWs
* Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems to include rpm management, user account management, dns, centrify, and AV tools
* Familiarity with DB products/theory including Oracle, mySql, and MS SQL
* Familiarity with SNMP operation, configuration
* Strong working knowledge of DNS, zone management and IPAM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positio
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Washington DC , Systems Administrator 2/3, IT / Software / Systems , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!