Database Analyst / Programmer
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile teams to participate in IT development and maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for building, upgrading and sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The JETS team will work collaboratively with government customers and other contractors in a team-based scaled flexible and scalable approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Database Developer will provide technical database leadership on program as the database expert for the customer's technology challenges. The DB Developer works on an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The DB Developer applies knowledge of Oracle database designs to improve processes, generate valid requirements, and ensure that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture. The DB Developer must be able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate the options prior to development of an automated solution. The DB Developer also projects long-range requirements for database administration and design. The DB Developer will be responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Designs, creates, and maintains Oracle databases in a client/server and web environment for mission critical production applications.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server and web environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications and database transactions in application code as well as in stored procedures.
- Advises users on access to various client/server and web databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Responsible for building and deploying database updates to real-time production, working with several environments and QA process.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Designs, develops and normalizes database schemas.
- Provides maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to database solutions.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Reviews and optimizes PL/SQL statements.
- Evaluates database design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations and performance levels.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members. Mentors other DBAs across the agile teams. Shares best practices with all DBAs.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred
- Proficient in Oracle, specifically the ability to:
- Install an Oracle database, set up infrastructure
- Develop tables, stored procedures, functions
- Apply upgrades, troubleshooting and monitoring procedures
- Proficient in PL/SQL
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and mentor other DB Developers with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- US Citizenship, eligibility for Government Security Clearance
- Oracle certification (12c preferred)
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic (VB), C#
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET core
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Current DHS security clearance,
- Experience with DHS, specifically USCIS
Keywords: Perspecta, Washington DC , Database Analyst / Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!