IT Infrastructure/Engineering Project Manager
Company: ACI Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
IT Infrastructure/Engineering Project Manager, Rockville, MDOur client is seeking an IT Infrastructure/Engineering Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity in Rockville, MD. Job DescriptionOur client is seeking an IT Infrastructure/Engineering Project Manager that will work with a team of systems engineers and customers to support the project management needs of a Federal client in Rockville, MD. Candidates should have a technical background in one or more of the following IT infrastructure areas to help them effectively manage all aspects of the project lifecycle: network, security, database, systems, cloud and/or storage. In this role, you will assist in the planning and execution of IT projects from initiation through delivery. Additionally, you will organize cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project while adhering to the schedule and quality parameters. Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all aspects of IT engineering projects such as application migrations, technology enhancements and new feature implementations.
- Direct large-scale, complex programs and projects, often involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Directly manage all aspects of the project life cycle and oversee all phases of a project.
- Drive multiple projects from initiation through delivery ensuring completion of the project, within defined and agreed upon parameters.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers requiring IT infrastructure and services, gather and document their business requirements and develop a project plan.
- Serve as the single point of contact for customers with regards to deliverables and issue resolution.
- Utilize Agile project management and collaboration tools to efficiently record and track issues and provide summary reports on a regular basis.
- Communicate project status with and from team members, management and Federal stakeholders in both an oral and written format.
- Coordinate stakeholder groups within the organization to understand existing conditions, requirements and constraints, and to plan, design, and implement enterprise solutions.
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings.
- Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Work with Federal stakeholders and engineering team to prioritize and plan the execution of work. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience in information technology.
- Requires a technical background in one or more of the following IT infrastructure areas: network, security, database, systems, cloud and/or storage.
- Detail-oriented approach to work, highly organized, and effective communications skills both orally and written.
- 5+ years of experience managing IT projects or 8+ years supporting production operations as a functional lead in a diverse environment.
- Prior experience or knowledge in applying Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong experience working on Cloud migration projects on any of the Public/Private cloud environments. AWS and AZURE experience highly preferable.
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to work with demanding customers by setting and managing expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently over the phone, face to face meetings and written communications. Preferred Qualifications
- PMP certification.
- ITIL certification.
- Experience with managing projects in the Federal Government environment, utilizing Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC). Please Note
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry's leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package. - provided by Dice
Keywords: ACI Group, Inc., Washington DC , IT Infrastructure/Engineering Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!