Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
Company: Capital One
Location: Mc Lean
Posted on: October 12, 2018
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaAt Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Sr. Full Stack Software EngineerWe are actively seeking experienced Java Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will develop highly available RESTful services for Web and Mobile client applications using existing and emerging technologies such as Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, Microservice Architectures, AWS, REST, JSON, XML, SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, and PostgreSQL, to name a few. Responsibilities:
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object-oriented methodologies
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams/engineers to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Adherence to existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game or teammates in all areas
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversityBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years' experience with Java Standard and Enterprise Edition
- At least 2 years' experience with Spring Framework
- At least 2 years' experience with API and Rest Web ServicesPreferred Qualifications:Master's Degree
- 3+ years' Experience building clients applications for Web, Mobile (iOS & Android)
- 3+ years' experience with Spring Framework
- 3+ years' experience with Mocking framework for Unit Testing
- 3+ years' experience with Performance Testing and Tuning with Java
- 2+ years' experience with AWS technologies
- 3 + years' Contributions to open source projectsAt this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c++, developer, devops, java, python, software development engineer, software programmer
Keywords: Capital One, Washington DC , Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mc Lean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!