Software Engineer, Principal Associate
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, VirginiaAt Capital One, we---re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Software Engineer, Principal AssociateAs a Capital One hands-on Software Engineer, Principal Associate, you'll work on everything from applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems, to data pipelines for streaming data and CICD. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Apache Spark, AWS, Spring framework, Hadoop, NoSQL databases, and relational databases to name a few.What you---ll do:
- Hands on developer, design, code, and test complex distributed systems, integrations and protocols
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to lead design discussions,
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork and self-managed.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years--- experience in software development and programming (Java or Scala)
- At least 1 year of experience with DevOps and/or CICD Deployments to Production EnvironmentsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years in Agile practices
- At least 1 year of experience developing and deploying on AWS
- 2+ years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines
- 1+ year experience using Open Source and/or Big Data Frameworks (Spark or Kafka)
- 2+ years of experience with data streaming processes (Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm or RabbitMQ)
- 2+ years of experience with Data Warehouse technologies (Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake)At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Washington DC , Software Engineer, Principal Associate, IT / Software / Systems , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!