Tableau Developer Software Engineer
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Description The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Tableau Developer / Software Engineer to work on payroll systems related to Payroll Automation, Analysis and Reporting support specializing in Tableau and InfoPath/SharePoint platforms for the FAA customer.
In this role, you will need to collaborate with various IT Team members and related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Specific duties for the position include assisting other team members with the following:
- Designing and building reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Analysis of data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Assist other team members with implementing requirements.
- Use Tableau Server to publish reports from Tableau Desktop.
- Collaborate with various IT Team members and participate on related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Use good communications skills in working directly with government customers and other contractors.Qualifications Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.Technical qualifications
- Experience interfacing with a customer to understand and implement requirements
- Expert in T-SQL and connecting to various database sources
- Expertise in Tableau Desktop
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging systems, documenting events, and finding solutions for issues found
- Development of standard, static reports
- Data Mining and analysis
- Integration of data from multiple sources
- Development of multiple algorithms (recursive, backtracking, divide and conquer, greedy, branch and bound, randomized)
- Experience with Application of predictive analytics
- Responsible for Report Generation using Tableau
- Experience with researching, promoting, developing, and implementing best practices
- Experience working in an environment using DevOps, Agile, Scrum, and similar methodologies and frameworks
- Experience researching, promoting and developing data architecture best practices
- Experience clarifying and refining functional data requirement specifications
- Ability to create easy-to-follow IT documentation for installation and configuration of applications, roadmaps, instructions, root cause analysis, change records, etc.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with 4-Tier Architecture (Dev, SIT, UAT, Prod)
- Issue management in complex systems
- Experience with reporting and documenting system issues as they are discovered
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging issues and documenting solutions
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work, unsupervised
- Experience securing web services for a large organization or federal government customer.
- Experience with NOSQL Technologies such as MongoDB, HADOOP, etc.
- Experience with Web Services for consuming in report generation
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Tableau Developer Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!