Location: Cabin John
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part
of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation,
enhancement, optimization and maintenance of
LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. Network engineers are
responsible for designing, development, integration and configure
unique networks. This positions will require the skillset and
experience use free thinking and independent judgement to provide
unique solutions. Maintain and upgrade the network hardware and
software as well as providing individual solutions for the network
to ensure network availability to all system users. Tasks may
include: participate in the development of new network designs,
assess network management architecture, document the architecture,
develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort. The candidate
will be responsible for upgrades and support unique problem
resolution.No more than 5% CONUS travel is required for this
position.Duties shall include, but not be limited to the
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and
require deep technical knowledge.
- Utilizing of various data sources will be necessary to fully
understand the issues and inform the solution, have strong
skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage unique
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and provide
- Maintain network hardware and software, to include network
layer communications providing transport.
- Monitor network to ensure availability to all system users and
performs necessary maintenance to support network
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation.
- Assist with the development of network architecture and
- Support design, design documentation, factory testing and
integrations of network infrastructure.
- Be responsible for installations, upgrades, support assistance
and problem determination for operating systems, network hardware,
and software products.
- Work with stakeholders to identify short- and long-term
priorities, to include multi-year road maps, five-year program and
spending plans, strategic network upgrades, process efficiencies,
strategic communications, and O&M frameworks.Basic
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Prior experience with programs of similar size and
- Experience with the Sponsor and the Sponsor's mission
- BS/BA degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience,
additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Hands on experience in network engineering, network
- Experience performing network engineering or network
administration functions on programs of similar size, scope, and
- Cisco and Juniper Architecture experience required.
- Ability to lead others and clearly convey complex technical
- Proven leadership skills in a complex technical environment
with tight security restrictions and a diverse work force (4+ years
of experience)Preferred Qualifications
- Cisco or Juniper Certs Pay Range: Pay Range $105,300.00 -
$190,350.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Cabin John, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!