Deputy Project Manager (Technical)
Posted on: September 21, 2023
OBXtek is currently staffing for Deputy Project Manager with a mix
of demonstrated leadership, customer relations and technical
expertise to -provide daily onsite operational support to the
Treasury's Foreign Intelligence Network (TFIN). The Project
Manager(PM) is OBXtek's primary face to the customer and serves as
the primary point of contact with the COR and Office of Information
Technology (OIT) Program Management Office. The PM works closely
with the COR and PMO and provides leadership for OBXtek's team. The
project manager will also coordinate schedules and logistics to
support shifting operational requirements across multiple buildings
and worksites, and is responsible for providing supporting data
calls as well as preparing regular daily, weekly, monthly, and
annual project status reports.
The PM leverages personable leadership and superior customer
relations to manage the projects and activities while leading a
midsize team in the following functions:
- Secure Service Desk
- Information System Security Office
- Enterprise Security Services
- Insider Threat Protection
- Office of Emergency Communications (to include disaster
recovery and COOP)
- Various SMEs/tasks including VMWare, MS Exchange, and
PM should have demonstrable project management experience,
- Drafting and maintaining an accurate Work Breakdown
- Drafting and briefing regular client reports including - Daily
Operational Objectives Reports, Project Management Reviews, Monthly
Management Reports, and Annual Performance Summary
- Drafting, briefing, and maintaining accurate Risk Management
Plans, Risk Registers, Issue Logs, and risk reviews.
- Managing multiple projects in a critical, fast-paced
- Building a one-team mentality across multiple subcontractor
- Leading staff to maximize performance and reduce
- Developing effective stakeholder relationships, including with
PM should have demonstrable technical experience, including:
- Windows server products (Windows Server OS, Microsoft Active
Directory, and SharePoint)
- Current VMware applications
- Systems Administration on current operating systems in the
Windows server family
- Network print server management and support
- Server hardware deployment, management, maintenance, and
- Microsoft Exchange Server management and support
- Scripting in VBscript, PowerShell, cmd/batch
- Software packaging, distribution, and deployment
- Imaging - building and maintaining desktop images, virtual
machine images, and driver updates
- IT disaster recovery and continuity of operations
- IT Security protection, detection, analysis and response,
prevention, intrusion detection/monitoring, data access security,
identity management, cryptographic technologies, group policy
(Linux and Windows), NetApp, Citrix VDI
- Recommended certifications in MCSA 2008 R2 or MCSA 2012 VCP,
Citrix Certified Administrator
Active TS/SCI clearance with SCI read-in within the past 12
Must be a US Citizen and all immediate family members and all
members of your household must be US Citizens - - - - - -
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology,
or related field.
- Project Management education; PMP Certification or Agile
- Minimum of 5 years of IT project management with demonstrated
professional experience managing an IT data center, service desk,
network operations center.
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management and
- Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency and
NIST policies and procedures for data center operations.
- Self-motivated, task-oriented, detail oriented, and possessing
superior organizational skills.
- Commitment to leading teams to provide exceptional customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to brief technical information to non-technical
personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing compliance with license
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Technology Infrastructure Library
- Fluency with MSProject, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Master's degree with at least 7 yrs experience in Computer
Science or related discipline preferred.
- Current MCSE Certification preferred but will consider other
current certifications. - - -
Security ClearanceTop Secret with SCI eligibility
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a
fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our
mission is Our People---Our Reputation. Our people are trained
professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation
using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts,
matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs
lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality
practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO.
Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington
Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender
identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any
other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: OBXtek, Washington DC , Deputy Project Manager (Technical), IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!