Technical Proposal Writer
Company: Ignyte Group
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Who We AreBusiness has changed - so should consulting. We are
strategists, technologists, engineers, and designers who bridge the
gap between consulting, design and marketing to create powerful
digital experiences for our customer's brands and users.Recently
named as one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by
Forbes, Ignyte is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented
Technical Proposal Writer to join our progressive start-up culture
and help us build a new type of consulting company.What You'll
DoThe Technical Proposal Writer will play a crucial role in
crafting high-quality, compliant, and persuasive written content
that effectively communicates our technology solutions and
capabilities to clients in both the federal and private sector. The
ideal candidate should possess a strong background in IT, excellent
writing skills, and the ability to collaborate seamlessly with
subject matter experts and proposal teams.
- Write and edit RFP, RFI, and RFQ responses, oral presentations,
and other sales related materials.
- Write clear, concise, and compelling proposal content that
addresses specific government contract requirements and evaluation
- Collaborate with technical and subject matter experts to gather
and synthesize information about our IT solutions, services, and
- Participate in proposal storyline sessions with solution
architects, product managers, and key stakeholders to clarify
proposed solution, approach, products, and services
- Craft technical narratives, solution overviews, and system
architecture descriptions that showcase our expertise.
- Understand complex IT concepts, technologies, and solutions and
translate them into easily understandable, non-technical language
for government evaluators and private sector work.
- Present technical information in a way that demonstrates our
ability to meet project goals and deliverables.
- Ensure that proposal content aligns with Federal government
requirements, including those outlined in Requests for Proposals
(RFPs) and Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Review and edit content for grammar, style, consistency, and
accuracy, maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Supports proposal managers and volume leads in proposal
planning, management, escalating issues, and providing input to
- Collaborates with the proposal team to ensure compliance,
consistency, and messaging integration.
- Collaborates with graphic designers to ideate meaningful
- Suggests and supports opportunities for process improvement
across the writing team.What We're Looking ForBasic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, English, or comparable
- Minimum 4 years professional writing experience.
- Minimum 2 years proposal and or sales focused writing
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and
government contracting processes.
- Proven experience as an IT Technical Writer for Federal
- Strong understanding of IT concepts, including cybersecurity,
cloud computing, software development, network infrastructure, and
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with the
ability to tailor content to different audiences.
- Strong attention to detail, deadline driven, organization, and
time management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, with the
capability to work effectively within cross-functional teams and
effectively communicate with senior management
- Storytelling, copywriting, and or journalism experience is a
- Experience working with research teams and interviewing subject
matter expertsIgnyte Group was recently awarded as the nation's #29
Boutique Consulting Firm by Vault and listed by Forbes on the 2022
Best Management Consulting Firms List. Find out more about a career
at Ignyte atand check out our social media to learn more about our
wonderful benefits, culture, and team.Due to the nature of the work
we support, all candidates in consideration for this role must be
U.S. Citizens or green card holders willing to undergo the
government issued background investigation process.
Keywords: Ignyte Group, Washington DC , Technical Proposal Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!