Company: G&G Outfitters
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job Summary:As a member of the IT development team this
individual is responsible for the design, development, and delivery
of technical solutions for our full stack web application
(Numen---). The team utilizes an agile development environment. The
developer position requires knowledge of the Python language (or
similar), web development technologies such as MVC (Flask),
software build environments. This person reports to the Chief
Technology Officer. -Supervisory Responsibilities: - - - - - - -
- -Work closely with the business analyst to review user stories,
provide estimates and make timely status updates in Jira.
- Participate in backlog grooming and daily standup
- Writing program code in Python, participating on team code
- Following source code control rules established by the
- Testing code in a controlled setting, both unit testing and
integration tests prior to checking code into Github.
- Attain knowledge of internal systems in use, their data
structures and programming interfaces.
- Learn and become proficient with the business work flow
utilized to complete screen printing, embroidery and fulfillment
- Uses a structured approach to analyze and resolve complex
problems; secures and evaluates relevant data from appropriate
sources and trends.
- Maintains an organized approach to meet or exceed agreed upon
deadlines assigned during iterations.
- Experience developing full-stack web-based applications.
- Strong understanding of version control software and
techniques, git preferred.
- Familiarity with scripting languages. Python preferred, but
alternatives (Node.js, PHP, Ruby, and Perl) are acceptable.
- Experience developing within a MVC architecture (e.g. Flask)
and front-end web development (e.g. Angular).
- Knowledge of common web-related and data serialization formats,
such as XML, JSON, and CSS.
- Understanding of databases MSSQL/MySQL/MongoDB.
- Experience working on Unix/Linux (Ubuntu).
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in a software development role.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and ESB application
- Experience with Jira agile development (or similar).
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
Keywords: G&G Outfitters, Washington DC , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!