Android Developer (Remote)
Company: Tandem Diabetes Care
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Grow With Us"In Tandem" means together, and we strive to embody
that in every aspect of our business. Whether your office-based or
fully remote, grow with us as we work towards our mission of making
the lives of people with diabetes better and better through
relentless innovation.Diabetes Is All We DoAt Tandem, Diabetes is
all we do. We are the makers of the only color, touch-screen
insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and
compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Read more about
our company and check out our latest product features and
capabilities here: t:slim X2--- Insulin Pump with Control-IQ---
TechnologyIn addition to innovative technology, we have a culture
that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most
productive people. We treat our fellow employees like friends and
family, and the company like our own home. This universal respect
allows us the freedom to be ourselves and to be effective at our
jobs, knowing at the end of the day that we can trust everyone to
do the right thing, for each other and for the company. You can
learn more about our culture and life at tandem here:
https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and See what
our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewilda Day In The LifeA
team member contributing to the design, troubleshooting,
documentation, testing and debugging of software for the Company's
mobile application - t:simulator. The incumbent will lead
development and maintenance of cross platform applications. The
developer will lead the entire application lifecycle right from
concept stage until delivery and post launch support.You're Awesome
- Develop and maintain cross platform mobile applications for
- Partners with the software embedded team.
- Works with the User Experience designers to build the interface
with a focus on usability features.
- Delivers across the entire app life cycle - concept, design,
build, deploy, test, release to application stores and
- Optimizes performance for the applications, provide on-going
testing of updates from Apple and Google.
- Develops, modifies, and tests mobile applications per corporate
software process documents.
- Contributes to software design specifications, interface
descriptions, and other software documentations.
- Contributes to software validation (write, dry run & review) &
- Participates in formal test execution.
- Develops unit tests.
- Performs software integration.
- Supports software testing with utility software.
- Embraces the Design Control process by participating in design
reviews and maintaining design history files.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including
Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.Extra Awesome
- Proficient with formal software test methodologies.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Experience using social media APIs and version control (e.g.
- Proficient knowledge of at least one cloud-based programming
language, preferably Kotlin.
- Previous experience with HTML5, CSS, Java Script, as well as
both Agile and SCRUM development processes.
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work
product with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively convey information related to work product
and lead group discussions.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to alter behavior and opinions in light of new
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through
effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or
related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable
- Experience in Kotlin programming languages preferred.
- 2 years experience in the field of mobile application for
medical devices, web application software or in a related
area.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?At Tandem, Our employees are just as
important as our customers! Not only do we hire the best, we
reward, develop and retain them too. At Tandem we offer competitive
compensation packages, superb medical, dental and vision, a
discounted stock purchasing plan, fitness discounts, generous PTO,
casual work attire and more! For a full list of benefits please
review our perks page at
https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/benefits.BE YOU, WITH
US!We're always looking for awesome, forward-thinking achievers to
join our workforce. We are committed to making sure our company
fully reflects the diverse consumers who use our product. We are
making strides towards this goal and are firmly committed to being
an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and
inclusive environment.ReferralsWe love a good referral! If you know
someone that would be a great fit for this position, please
share!If you are applying for this job and live in California,
please read Tandem's CCPA
Keywords: Tandem Diabetes Care, Washington DC , Android Developer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!