Junior Systems Administrator (1st Shift)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Peraton is seeking an Enterprise Operation Center (EOC) Engineer
to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The
qualified applicant will become part of Department of State (DOS)
Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (CAEIO)
Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative
is intended to provide IT Operations and Maintenance to modernize
the legacy networks, applications, and databases supporting CA
The EOC Engineer will be responsible for closely working with CAEIO
contractors, DOS leadership and business stakeholders to build and
patch servers in CA's production environment.
The Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) Engineer shall be
responsible for processing server build requests and patch build
requests and deploying them into production.
Day to Day Work Responsibilities:
- Communicating operational state of the enterprise systems
between various teams within CAEIO, and external stakeholders to
include the customer.
- Responsible for deploying new Windows and Linux server based
upon standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for deploying OS patches and standard software
updates to servers.
- Responsible for working directly with Windows and Linux
engineers to ensure baseline images for servers contain the latest
monitoring agents, security updates, software versions, hotfixes,
- Perform established verification checks once the server is
built to ensure it is ready for production.
- Ensure servers are delivered in a timely manner to the
- Monitor multiple systems and applications using monitoring
tools to ensure availability of systems and applications in the
Consular Affairs Consular Systems Technology (CA\CST)
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and
performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate
technical teams. Work in a production environment to ensure 24x7
operations of backup systems and processes.Basic
- US Citizenship and an active SECRET Government Security
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience or Master's
degree and 3-5 years of experience, or a high school
diploma/equivalent and nine years of experience
- Minimum two years' experience building servers, and patching
servers with standard tools (RHEL Satellite, SCCM), or as a system
- Minimum two years demonstrated experience triaging and
prioritizing critical incidents to directly align with mission
- Must be the ability to follow complex deployment plans, server
build processes, and run quality control audits on servers
- Minimum two years of experience with the collection and
analysis of metrics across a distributed, complex IT enterprise.
Ability to develop integrated dashboard views for various
stakeholder groups. Experience reporting against and managing to
Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Possesses a RHSA (Red Hat Certified System administrator)
- Possesses a MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator)
certification or similar
- Possesses an ITIL foundations certification
- Possesses a CompTIA Security+ certification.
- ServiceNow expertise
Shift/Hours: First Shift - M-F 7-4pmPeraton drives missions of
consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest
reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability
integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver
trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and
technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a
valued partner to essential government agencies across the
intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state
and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done,
solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.Colorado
Salary Minimum: $61,400
Colorado Salary Maximum: $149,100
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this
position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation
package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses,
short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In
addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Washington DC , Junior Systems Administrator (1st Shift), IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!