Forward Deployed Software Engineer - Intel
Company: Palantir Technologies
Posted on: May 16, 2022
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves
problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the
world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software
has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines,
gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types
of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Forward Deployed Software Engineers (FDSEs) understand our
customers' greatest pain points and design end-to-end solutions to
address them. FDSEs solicit constant feedback on their work from
both customers and colleagues, improving our products over time
with rapid iteration cycles.
FDSEs deploy ground breaking technical solutions to solve our
customers' hardest problems. Projects often start with a nebulous
question like "Why are we losing customers?" or "How can we more
effectively identify instances of money laundering?" FDSEs lead the
way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and
prototyping to application development and data integration. As an
FDSE, you leverage everything around you: Palantir products, , and
anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with customers around the globe, where you gain rare
insight into the world's most important industries and
institutions. We help our customers detect insider trading, improve
disaster relief, fight healthcare fraud, and more. Each mission
presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to
the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to
accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical
outcomes for our customers.Technologies We Use
- Core Palantir products provide the foundations for our
- Custom applications built on top of core Palantir
- Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed data
storage and parallel computing.
- Java and Groovy for our back-end applications and data
- Typescript, React, Leaflet, and d3 for our web
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Palantir cloud infrastructure based on AWS EC2 and S3.Our
- Impact: We take on meaningful and challenging projects that
change the world for the better.
- Dedication: We see projects through from beginning to end in
spite of obstacles we may encounter.
- Collaboration: We work internally with people from a variety of
backgrounds - such as other FDSEs, product teams, and Deployment
Strategists. We also work externally with our customers, often on
site, to understand and solve their problems.
- Trust: We trust each other to effectively manage time and
priorities-we don't micromanage. We want to give people the space
to think for themselves.
- Growth: We push ourselves and our peers to improve themselves
and the world around them.
- Learning: We often face entirely novel problems, where we need
to pick up a lot of new information and learn how to use it to make
progress.What We Value
- Active Full Scope Poly Level or CI Poly Level clearance.
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as
Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud
infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of
what you're building.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, C++,
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment
with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently,
and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed.Palantir is
committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and
inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share
the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and
encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds,
perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the
world's hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the
United States Department of Labor's and for additional
Palantir is committed to making the job application process
accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability
(visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process,
please and let us know how we can help.
Keywords: Palantir Technologies, Washington DC , Forward Deployed Software Engineer - Intel, IT / Software / Systems , Suitland, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!