Sr . Software Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ZENETEX is a rapidly growing, energetic, and win-focused
enterprise supporting Federal government, military, and civilian
agencies. We are an organization committed to growth and shared
success for all stakeholders; we are customer-driven,
mission-focused, and operate with integrity and trust in all
A new contract award has created the opportunity for dynamic Senior
Software Engineer to support our government customer based in
Suitland, MD. This is an excellent career opportunity with
unlimited growth potential.
DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer shall support the
Information Technology (IT) team by providing software engineering
knowledge, skills, abilities, standards, and best practices to
implement modern and Next Generation (NexGen) IT solutions
leveraging a wide array of vendors and technologies across the full
stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers,
applications, and services.Specifically, the Senior Software
Engineer shall be responsible for the detailed design,
documentation, coding, code optimization, unit testing, code
deployment, and code improvements of both desktop and web-based
solutions on Microsoft platforms (i.e., desktops, servers, and
websites) with Microsoft technologies (.NET, ASP.NET, C#, etc.) for
multiple internal business/proprietary software products. The
Contractor shall perform custom software development only when a
commercial solution is not available.The Senior Software Engineer
shall directly participate in the full software development life
cycle (SDLC): requirements gathering, analysis, solutions design,
development, code reviews, test automation, and implementation
using Agile methodologies.The Senior Software Engineer shall ensure
all software code is developed and maintained in accordance with
U.S. Government (USG) Information Assurance (IA) and Security
(INFOSEC) standards, policies, and best
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience securely developing
software products (client applications, web applications, and
automation and/or orchestration scripts) using common/standard
programming languages for deployment and utilization across an
enterprise -level multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc.) information
- Shall have 5 or more years actively programming and debugging
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience directly working with
and using relational database technologies.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience supporting,
maintaining, and documenting software functionality.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience working independently
within an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Demonstrated experience in capturing, analyzing, and
decomposing stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to
generate design solutions that will be implemented, tested, and
eventually transitioned to the operational environment that
acknowledge technical, compliance, schedule, and cost
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber
IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position as defined in Section 6,
Table 3.Desired Qualifications:
- Strongly desired to be ISC(2) Certified Secure Software
Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Web
- ESRI Web Application Developer Associate (EWA)
- Strongly desired to have 5 or more years of experience
conducting SDLC analysis to include: software analysis, code
analysis, requirements analysis, software review, and
identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, security
analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Strongly desired to have 5 or more years of experience
designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining software
developed solutions in secure processing environments which must
adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security
standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Strongly desired to have 3 or more years of experience
conducting and evaluating formal software testing and quality
- Strongly desired to have 3 or more years of experience writing
production-grade software products leveraging Object Oriented
and/or functional Programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience with additional programming, scripting,
and web-based languages to include, but not be limited to,
AngularJS, C++, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), HTML, Java, JQuery,
Ruby, Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP), Python, PowerShell, Visual
- Demonstrated experience with current development, source code,
project management, and version control management tools (e.g.,
Git, Jira, Subversion).
- Demonstrated experience working with Database Administrators
(DBAs) to leverage Microsoft SQL Server database technologies to
fulfill relational database requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft lnternet
Information Services (IIS) web services to offer web site and
web-based applications to production environments.
- Familiarity with the concept, implementation, and operations
associated with DevOps in a hybrid IT organization, with personal
experience working with disparate Software Development and
Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams to support a variety of
in-house developed code -based solutions through a Software
Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to provide technical guidance to team members, lead
application architecture discussions and decisions, and train and
mentor less experienced software developers.
- Ability to manage changes in product priority and balance their
impact on ongoing development efforts.Requests for reasonable
accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD
TS/SCI clearance, with a CI Poly preferred. The ability to obtain a
CI poly is required.ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Zenetex, Washington DC , Sr . Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Suitland, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!