Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: OtherRequisition Type:
RegularWe are GDIT: The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country.We deliver: Bringing the expertise needed to understand and
advance critical missions.We transform: Shifting the ways clients
invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure
today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.We are there: On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.
Our federal customer offers an opportunity for talented, motivated
individuals to support systems used at the highest levels of the
executive government. The ideal candidates will be motivated,
self-starters with great communications skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sync AD/LDAP groups with Mattermost roles and teams.
- Create/update users/teams within Mattermost.
- Review/update reference documentation for Mattermost.
- Update/Configure SSL client certificates for Mattermost Desktop
and Web Apps,
- Get statistics about your Mattermost server usage.
- Display notices to your users via an announcement banner.
- Export user, team, channel, and post data from Mattermost
(Extract data from Mattermost for eDiscovery).
- Review a comprehensive list of events that occur on your
- Help maintain and design enterprise instant messaging solutions
using Microsoft Skype.
- Perform regular checks and conduct troubleshooting as necessary
on Microsoft Skype servers.
- Review Skype logs on a regular basis to ensure system health
and pro-actively identify errors.
- Conduct regular maintenance across Skype servers to include
patching, upgrades, and performance monitoring and improvement.
- Develop and maintain high availability and disaster recovery
scenarios for Skype servers and functionality.
- Integrate Skype with Active Directory Federation Services
(ADFS) and Single-Sign On (On) authentication solutions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience deploying, configuring, and operating Microsoft
Skype as an enterprise solution.
- Familiarity using ADFS, SSO, and identity management to
authenticate users in a bastion environment scenario.
- Familiarity with leveraging F5 BigIP load balancing solutions a
- Experience with Lync, o365, Microsoft Teams, Skype or
- Experience with containerization, preferably Kubernetes or
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering,
Mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline is
- Position requires one to five years of relevant experience
supporting projects of similar size, scope and complexity.
- Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- knowledge of command line to manage self-hosted Mattermost
- Knowledge of using scripts to manage servers.
- Knowledge of using ticketing system (Remedy, Jira) to resolve
- Position requires an active TS
- The ideal candidates will be motivated, self-starters with
great communications skills.
- Provide technical support to end users for software and/or
hardware issues. Troubleshoot and resolve training, networking and
software issues. As needed, schedule and administer data conversion
programs. Serve as technical and functional training expert.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this position is mostly telework.
Post pandemic this position will be mostly onsite with the option
for some telework.
- Minimum 1 years experience required.
- DoD 8140 compliance required.
- Experience can be substituted for education.#GDITpriorityWe are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington DC , Systems Administrator , IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!