Software Engineer II, Contacts and Lead Management
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling
or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in
2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers
residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to
their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to
help everyone find their place in the world.
About The Team
The CRM team helps real estate agents generate more repeat and
referral business by nurturing their professional relationships,
leveraging leads and data from other Compass tools, keeping agents
organized, providing impactful communication mechanisms, and
identifying opportunities with AI. Our agents view us as the hub of
This position is on a new team building a brand new set of features
that will enable our agents to act faster than ever before to
obtain new business. In this critical workflow, we will help agents
focus on the most important clients by making smart data-driven
recommendations and immediate engagement. We are at the center of
the Compass agent experience, which allows us to drive incredible
Applicants at a Senior level have the opportunity to direct the
technical approach from the ground up on a rapidly growing team.
Relevant technologies are included below.
At Compass You Will
- Build complex feature sets using combinations of backend
microservices (Golang or Rails) and React, Redux, and
- Lead in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern
principles of decoupled systems, high ownership, and automated
- Work closely with Product, Design, User Research, and Product
- Become a domain expert on real estate technology and products
and an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Be self-reflective, growth-minded, and take part in an
inclusive environment where we collaborate without ego, win
together and fail together.
What We Look For:Some of the things We're Looking For:
You may not have all of the following experiences/skills, but
having some of the following will help make you a good fit for our
- BS in CS or equivalent training/experience.
- 2+ years in fast-paced teams, with high-traffic production
applications, partaking in the full product lifecycle from
ideation, release, and monitoring.
- Experience leading projects is a plus.
modern JS frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue.
- Experience with React, Redux, Typescript, Webpack is a
- 2+ years building high-traffic backend services and APIs, with
a preference towards experience with Ruby on Rails and/or
- Experience with event-driven microservice architectures is a
- Experience with Kafka or Elasticsearch is a plus.
- A relentless desire to improve - yourself, your team,
processes, user experience, tooling, etc.
- Degree in CS, CE, or comparable job/training experience.
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place
in the world - a place where they feel like they belong, where they
can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our
collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass
Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity,
equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity
employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust
benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to
improve our employees lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants
Keywords: Compass, Washington DC , Software Engineer II, Contacts and Lead Management, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!