Senior Software Engineer DevOps - REMOTE
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world's most
demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments
around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy
across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use
across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud,
on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and
Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are
reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a "Cool Vendor",
Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
- Provide technology leadership to the Devops Team.
- Work with customers and product management to design/architect
- Provide best-in-class experience to customers via automation
and continuous monitoring.
- Contribute to a friendly and helpful company culture
- Create, manage and integrate software to automate and secure
public cloud environments
- Contribute to defining security best-practices, and ensuring
our infrastructure adheres to them
- Strive to achieve a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deliver
model for all of Fortanix project
You are someone who:
- Ability to work with people across various locations.
- Lead the team in the right technical direction and work on
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity
- Pays attention to detail
- Thinks critically about complex technical problems
- Can work independently, while also being an effective member of
- Enjoys programming and embraces cloud technologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Go
for automation and integrations
- Must have solid experience with Linux
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services
in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Strong networking experience with technologies in TCP/IP, WAN,
Gateways, Switching/Routing and Cloud Networking.
- Able to research, architect, and drive complex technical
solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Experience with one or more of:
- Virtualization or container environments like VMWare, KVM and
- Orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Configuration and provisioning management tools like Chef,
Ansible, and Puppet
- Monitoring tools such as Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios or
- Continuous integration systems like Jenkins and Travis
- Application and service monitoring tools and techniques
The technology we use:
- Jenkins, Travis
- Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud
- Python, Bash
- Unlimited PTO (it's between you and your work)
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- Great working environment, we believe this in its truest form,
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed
technologists can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing
that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity
and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal
opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to
recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool
regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, or any other status. If you're interested in
working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment - we
encourage you to apply!
Keywords: Fortanix, Washington DC , Senior Software Engineer DevOps - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!