Senior Software Engineer II - Personalized Curation
Company: Nordstrom Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job DescriptionNordstrom Styling is looking for a Sr. Engineer
II to join our technology team. Engineer Senior IIs are
organization wide leaders that design systems where implementation
spans multiple weeks or months and incorporates a full team's worth
of engineers. They are typically responsible for ensuring the
team's work is high quality and that all designs are clear and
complete for successful execution.The Personalized Curation team is
a part of the Nordstrom Styling organization. We are looking to
expand on building AI driven curations and product selections
across different channels to enable personalized product
recommendations for our customers. One of our missions is to enable
the input from our fashion authority to reach our customers where
they meet us. We are a team that operates in the exciting space
between Customers, Merchandisers and Data Science with interesting
opportunities and problems to solveAs part of this team, you will
play an instrumental part in the strategy, planning and execution
of the Nordstrom Styling Technical Roadmap. You should enjoy being
surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well
leveling up those around you by being an inclusive leader and
- Currently, the team works on multiple platforms. Out teams uses
React for our front end and out service layer is a combination of
node.js, Java and Python.What Skills You'll BringRead this first:
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an
average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks
tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have
what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the
job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a
chat to see what skills/experience you are able to bring to this
- Has expert knowledge of at least one backend programming
language (Java/nodeJs/Python etc.) and microservice
- Is experienced in building fault tolerant, scalable
applications using event driven architecture.
- Takes responsibility of systems or designs that span multiple
people's work, breaking work into smaller tasks for the team.
- Champions new techniques across the organization.
- Understands tradeoffs in different types of engineering
processes and can adjust a team process to meet the needs of the
project and others on the team.
- Ensures their work and that of their team members follows the
engineering and security standards; contributes to the
- Mentor junior team members on the best coding techniques and
how/why coding standards fit into architecture goals.
- Has a strong understanding of the business and is aware of how
strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Familiar with standard industry practices for work tracking to
ensure work is consistent, measurable, and within stated
- Able to make technical tradeoffs between short term needs and
long-term business needs.Additional Skills...
- Experience leveraging Data Science models to build recommenders
is a plus
- knowledge of Kubernetes and AWS is a plus
- Prior knowledge building and querying Search Indexes is a
plus#LI-TM1We've got you covered---Our employees are our most
important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is
proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP ResourcesA few more important
points...The job posting highlights the most critical
responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not
all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and
qualifications for this job.Nordstrom will consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all
legal requirements.Applicants with disabilities who require
assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom
location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.Nordstrom
Nordstrom, Inc.Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into
Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom Inc, Washington DC , Senior Software Engineer II - Personalized Curation, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!