Courtroom Technology Specialist
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
WorldCourtroom Technology SpecialistPAE has an exciting opportunity
for a Courtroom Technology Specialist in Washington, DC. A majority
of tasks will require behind the scenes support with preparing
video clips and graphics pursuant to case team protocols, including
applying appropriate redactions and watermarks (or other tracking
mechanisms) as identified by the case team. Other duties
- Digitizes audio and video clips; synchronizes clips with
- Develops simple graphic images/exhibits using standard off the
shelf software packages.
- Loads video into presentation software, such as Trial Director,
and syncs videos with transcripts of the video's audio
- Works with the trial team, including other litigative support
providers, to develop and present a case in the courtroom using
courtroom presentation systems
- Works with the trial team both before trial and during trial to
develop scripts for presenting exhibits in a particular order to
support testimony. Scans exhibits into courtroom presentation
system, prepares exhibit images for particular uses (e.g. zooming
in or highlighting a particular paragraph, or setting up two
exhibits side by side on the screen);
- Advises AUSAs on the effectiveness of certain exhibits or
sequences of exhibits.
- Advises AUSAs on equipment, distribution system, and software
requirements for limited or routine courtroom configurations;
obtains, installs, tests, sets up appropriate equipment and
- Works with AUSAs in preparing for small to large-scale trials
and in presenting materials in the courtroom; and
- Serves as a jack-of-all-trades capable of performing all trial
and courtroom support functions, including equipment set up and
troubleshooting, scripting, advising on graphics presentations, and
in-courtroom operation of equipment.Minimum Qualifications
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security
- Must be familiar with standard courtroom presentation packages
such as Trial Director and Sanction.
- Requires experience with creating video clips, editing video
and redacting audio/video.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member in an
extremely pressured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a trial team
through the entire pretrial and trial cycle, identifying and
scanning exhibits, scripting with the attorneys, setting up the
courtroom, operating and troubleshooting the system in the
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work long hours for an extended period of
- Trial experience required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, After Effects,
Sony Vegas, and or Camtasia is strongly preferred.#APP21PAE is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices
provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States
military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital
status, family structure, medical condition including genetic
characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or
physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job
can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any
other protected category under federal, state, or local law.EEO is
the Law PosterEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE, Washington DC , Courtroom Technology Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!