Software Engineer (Cloud, Microservices, Blockchain)
Company: Change Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
TitleSoftware Engineer (Cloud, Microservices,
Blockchain)Overview of PositionChange Healthcare is looking for a
well-rounded and versatile Software Engineer to work with a team of
AWS Cloud Engineers on our Realtime Settlement system. This role
will be responsible for design, development, test, deployment, and
operation of distributed software systems and Infrastructure as
Code (IaC) solutions in the AWS cloud. You will be working with a
team as a contributor willing to grow and become an advocate for
lean/agile and DevOps practices, including test driven development,
continuous integration and delivery, and engineering best
practices. This role will work with architects, other engineers,
product and program managers in an Agile/SCRUM environment to
deliver the requested features and improvements to the
software.This role will focus on greenfield engineering of the
Realtime Settlement system using disruptive technologies such as
distributed ledger and smart contracts. The space is complex and
challenging as we are a startup in a larger organization. We work
in small, agile, geographically distributed scrum teams.What will
be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Contribute to the development of a market changing real-time
claim settlement system leveraging an evolving set of languages and
services such as ECS, Lambda, Fargate, S3, Kinesis, and
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and
procedures on new or special assignments.
- Demonstrate strong drive to learn, and be an advocate for
development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous
integration, work in small batches, etc.).
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and
other stakeholders in a highly Agile environment.
- Self-starter who will take tasks and accomplish them with
- Strong background in modern languages such as Java, distributed
systems development, REST web services, relational databases, and
- Experience with GIT, GitHub/Lab, Jenkins, Jira, and
- Demonstrated technical experience as an engineer - cloud-based
- Demonstrated initiative with learning new technologies, such as
AWS cloud-native services.What are the requirements needed for this
- 3+ years of software engineering experience preferably in an
- BS degree in computer science, engineering, or a related
- Strong technical credentials, including hands-on cloud solution
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including familiarity with
modern cloud computing, agile development, automated testing, and
development best practices.
- A track record of project delivery as a contributor to large,
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide
estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical bar, identify
risks and create documentation.
- Experience in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software
- Experience building complex software systems that have been
successfully delivered to customers.What other skills/experience
would be helpful to have?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present complex technical information in a clear and
concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment,
100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and
working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization.
- Demonstrable experience working with large enterprise data
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI/PII
- Exposure to, and understanding of, Blockchain technologies such
- Experience, or academic knowledge of, Terraform or AWS
CloudFormation and AWS ECS/Fargate.
- General understanding of control plane and data plane, and
basic knowledge of networking.
- Established skill designing and developing solutions to complex
problems in a distributed systems environment.
- Experience with Distributed Software, Service Oriented
Architecture, NoSQL database, and microservice concepts.#li-remote
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated,
increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Colorado Residents Only: The base pay range for Colorado residents
is $81,225.00 - $149,625.00 plus any relevant incentive pay
programs that may be aligned to the role. Pay is based on several
factors including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. In addition to your base pay, Change
Healthcare offers the following benefits for this position, subject
to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental and vision
plans; wellness program; health savings account; flexible spending
accounts; 401(k) retirement plan; life insurance; short-term and
long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO;
tuition reimbursement; and employee-paid critical illness and
accident insurance.COVID MandateAs a federal contractor, Change
Healthcare is adhering to the Executive Order which mandates
vaccination. As such, we are requiring all U.S. new hires and
employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or
receive an approved accommodation by their date of hire, as a
condition of employment. As we continue to navigate the
ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing our
part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team
members and our communities. Proof of vaccination or accommodations
requests will be collected once an offer is accepted with Change
Healthcare. All accommodation requests will be carefully considered
but are not guaranteed to be approved. Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement Change Healthcare is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To
read more about employment discrimination protections under federal
law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at .If
you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application
for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with
"Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject.
Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be
accepted.Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination
policy. California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to
Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity,
you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change
Healthcare--s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding
the Collection of Personal Information . Change Healthcare
maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment
drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state
and local laws.
Keywords: Change Healthcare, Washington DC , Software Engineer (Cloud, Microservices, Blockchain), IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!