Lead Systems Administrator
Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
World-- -- -- ---- -- -- --Lead Systems Administrator-- -- -- --PAE
has an opening for a Lead Systems Administrator to support. web
hosting and e-discovery environments for automated litigation
support. This position:
- Will be responsible for maintaining, analyzing, and optimizing
system performance, stability, and growth.
- Will serve as the team lead for mid-level and junior
administrators, helping to grow and train the team.-- Responsible
for the development and maintenance of standard operating
procedures and system documentation.
- Will work with other IT personnel, such as application owners,
DBA's, and developers to help them carry out their respective
- The candidate should be able to manage medium to large size
projects, be a self-starter, and be able to work independently and
as part of a team.Minimum Requirements:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security
- Ten or more years of overall IT systems administration
- At least seven years of hands on experience implementing,
configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting a Windows Server
environment, including but not limited to, Active Directory, Group
Policies, Remote Desktop Web Access, Managed Service Accounts, IIS,
DNS, and DHCP.
- At least five years of hands on experience deploying and
managing a VMWare vSphere/vCenter environment.
- Experience writing scripts in languages such as PowerShell, VB,
Python, or Ruby.
- Experience setting up and maintaining server hardware, Dell and
HP rack servers, Cisco UCS Blade Chassis, NetApp Storage, tape
- Hands on experience working with enterprise backup utilities,
such as Veeam Backup & Replication or Veritas Netbackup.
- Some experience in supporting databases, especially Microsoft
- Experience working with storage array technology, with a
preference towards NetApp products.
- Knowledge of government security standards and requirements
such as FIPS 140-2, NIST SP800, and DoD STIGs.
- Strong communications, leadership, and problem
solving/analytical skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Some knowledge of Cisco iOS and/or NX-OS a plus.
- Some knowledge of Linux OS a plus.
- Litigation support highly valued.-- -- -- --PAE is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal
opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's
status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family
structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or
information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so
long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or
without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category
under federal, state, or local law.-- -- -- --
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated, Washington DC , Lead Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!