Principal Technical Consultant, Federal
Company: Appian Corporation
Location: Mc Lean
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are seeking a Principal Technical Consultant to join our
Customer Success Public Sector team. Our team is a mission-focused
organization with a long and successful history of supporting
customers across federal civilian agencies and the department of
defense. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers
post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform.
These applications help organizations drive digital transformation
and equips the government with solutions that enable them to
achieve their agencies' objectives. Your primary responsibility
will be to implement and build applications on Appian's low-code
automation platform while working closely with our government
What You'll Do
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire
life-cycle of projects to define, design, develop and implement
custom software solutions using Appian's low-code platform.
- Led discussions with external clients to understand their
business processes and technical needs.
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based
on the client's feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models in
- Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient
with building process applications on their own.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and
measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability,
- Collaborate with client's technical teams and business users as
needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
You'll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes
and gather functional and technical system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks "why" questions and solve the right
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both
technical and non-technical audiences
Citizenship Requirements, Education And Travel
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public
Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen.
- 8+ years of experience with hands-on software development or
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information
Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer
- Agile software development practices, pair programming,
stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience leading small teams through post-sale software
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with database design or data modeling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven
development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a
continuous integration framework
- Integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC
connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI),
Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration,
Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a
low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and
data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their
resources and improve business results. Many of the world's largest
organizations use Appian applications to improve customer
experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global
risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities
to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the
organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is
met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud
to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for
seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way
businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian's
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against
applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co---worker, Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Keywords: Appian Corporation, Washington DC , Principal Technical Consultant, Federal, IT / Software / Systems , Mc Lean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!