Senior Software Systems Engineer - Active Top Secret required
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 16, 2021
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top
SecretSuitability:DHS EODPublic Trust/Other Required:Job
Family:Systems EngineeringJob Description:GDIT is seeking a Sr.
System Engineer to support our team.The contract requires US
Citizenship and candidates must have an active Top Secret and DHS
- Engage with technical experts within GDIT and from DHS,
cybersecurity vendors, and the user community to identify and solve
identity, credential, and access management challenges.
- Provide technical expertise on the application and enabling of
- Coordinate with DHS to identify cybersecurity requirements,
gaps, and design alternatives.
- Identify how ICAM can enable secure information access and
sharing and provide guidance on how to make best use of currently
- Assess ICAM designs/implementation on their ability to support
functional and security requirements.
- Advise security assessment teams on options for complying with
ICAM security standards.
- Sound cybersecurity knowledge and an understanding of DHS
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts to include practical
experience in systems development lifecycles.
- Ability to apply security principles and mechanisms to
enterprise systems designs.
- Understanding of credentials, authentication and authorization
principles and design alternatives.
- Knowledge of security attacks that apply to ICAM.
- Learn the key services that an ICAM system must provide
(authentication, authorization, identity, governance, auditing, and
analytics) and put them into practice
- Design, develop, and maintain an ICAM software stack using a
mix of commercial and open-source software
- Use automation tools to rapidly build, test, and deploy system
- Integrate analytics engines to visualize and enhance access
control decision making
- Simulate potential failure scenarios, then implement changes to
make the system more resilient
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can explain the benefits of a
software tool or system to both technical and non-technical
audiencesDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience),
5+ years of experienceScheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel
Required:NoneTelecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not AllowedWork
Location:USA DC WashingtonAdditional Work Locations:We are GDIT.
The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing
the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions.
We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington DC , Senior Software Systems Engineer - Active Top Secret required, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!