AWS Cloud Developer Job
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Senior Web Operations Engineer
Are you the AWS Cloud and RedHat Linux guru who has proven
experience building the next generation of infrastructure in the
Amazon AWS Cloud? Modis is seeking a Senior Web Operations
Engineer who will work with a small team of skilled Web Operations
Engineers who are responsible for the full web infrastructure
platform supporting all public facing web properties.
In this role, you will support our existing platform,
troubleshoot website infrastructure problems, and assist in
building out the next generation web infrastructure in Amazon’s
A Typical Day for This Position Might
- Building out server automation with Chef, RunDeck and other
- Setting up new server (EC2) instances/services in AWS,
configuring security groups, and setting up Elastic IP’s.
- Troubleshooting problems with our web infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve an issue with a Content Management
System application server.
- Troubleshooting an issue with JBoss application running on 4
application servers. Restarting JBoss and analyzing logs to
- Developing and documenting technical plans.
- Making complex configuration changes (requiring Regular
Expressions) to Apache web using Rewrite Engine to proxy traffic
for certain URL’s.
- Handling the deployment of JBoss Applications to 4 front end
- Working closely with development and QA teams to solve business
needs and technical problems.
Required Technical Skills and
- Extensive hands on experience building and maintaining
production web infrastructures in Amazon’s Web Services (AWS) cloud
- Deep experience with some of the following AWS components -
EC2, S3, Elastic IPs, EBS, Security Groups, Route 53, VPC,
ElasticCache, and CloudFormation.
- Strong experience with Apache server configuration/management,
and Apache Rewrites.
- Strong systems administration experience on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux (RHEL 5 or 6).
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, New Relic,
Splunk or similar.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages
(Ruby, Perl, Python).
- Experience managing infrastructures underneath highly available
public facing, front end web servers/web sites, including building,
maintaining and troubleshooting.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience automating server configuration with Chef highly
desirable (or similar - Puppet, CFEngine).
- Experience working in agile teams using Scrum, Kanban or
- Experience with JBoss application server configuration and
- MySQL Database configuration and management experience. MySQL
replication setup and maintenance a real plus.
- Experience managing/administering Content Management Systems
(CMS), particularly Adobe Communiqué CQ 5.5..
- Strong experience creating and managing complex Apache Rewrites
for public facing sites (proxy, transforming URL’s…).
- Hands on management and configuration of F5 load balancers or
similar experience. Local Traffic Manager (LTM), and/or Global
Traffic Manager (GTM).
- Experience setting up and configuring Content Distribution
Networks (CDN). (Limelight, Akamai, CloudFront…)
- Splunk log file analysis platform. Ability to use to
troubleshoot issues, create custom searches, graphs…
- Extensive experience with regular expressions used with
programming and Apache rewrites.
- Experience with Jenkins and/or Maven deployment and build
- General experience with Java development and/or managing
systems running Java based applications.
- DNS configuration experience/management and firm understanding
of how DNS functions.
- Working knowledge and experience with version control systems,
preferably Subversion (SVN), CVS or Git.
- Strong experience with rsync, wget, scp, cron, at, sed,
- Working experience with Jira and Confluence
- Firm grasp of web technologies, including HTML, CSS, AJAX,
- Firm understanding and experience with TCP/IP networking
concepts and principles.
- Firm understanding and/or experience working with software
firewalls (iptables, or AWS Security Groups).
Keywords: , Washington DC , AWS Cloud Developer Job, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!