The Performance Engineer manages and executes performance
testing in a multi-tiered environment, including analysis and
recommendations of the performance test results.
The position?s essential duties include the following:
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of business processes
supported by software systems/products
• Documents business processes, contributes to training programs
• Certifies each release by performing impact analysis on staging
• Performs impact analysis of any infrastructure changes including
OS upgrades, maintenance releases, and hardware upgrades.
• Performs fail-over and recovery scenarios and documents the
• Creates test plans, test scenarios and executes using performance
• Analyze results for load, stress, volume and endurance
• Recommends technical approach based on performance test results
and collect data to build benchmarks to provide optimal performance
• Leads test case reviews, design reviews, and change control
• Creates and contributes to test plans, test requirements, test
scenarios, and test data for use during performance testing phase
of the software development lifecycle, for new and existing
• Ensures that performance test plans and scenarios fully exercise
every aspect of the product.
• Produces and presents formal test plans; leads the performance
testing effort for assigned projects.
• Documents and reports issues discovered during performance
testing, and follows up for resolution.
• Defines standards, methods, and procedures for performance
• Works as part of Scrum Development Team, effectively participates
in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task
assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
• Other tasks as assigned by management.
Type of Experience Years of Experience
• Hands-on software testing tools like LoadUI, JMeter, SoapUI 3-4
• Demonstrated experience with increasingly complex projects 5-8
• Hands-on QA testing experience in client server and/or web-based
environment 5-8 years
• Experience developing manual and automated test scripts 5-8
• Experience with 3rd party testing and change management tools 5-8
• Experience with test case gathering techniques 5-8 years
• Experience with automated and test management tools 8 + years
• RDBMS experience (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle) and ability to
write SQL queries.
• Experience developing test strategies and plans. 8 + years
NOTE: In addition, please list any desired experience.
• Experience with Project Management Software
• Experience with Scrum and/or other Agile Development
• Experience with Software Development
• Self-directed and able to work well in a small team
• Strong attention to detail and excellent diagnostic
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop new or more effective ideas, approaches,
• Ability to develop and execute short-range plans/decisions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to exercise sound judgment across a broad range of