Posted on: February 15, 2019
Are you currently employed but dissatisfied with where youre at? Are you in transition and tired of the same-old / same-old job listings? Why not see if you have what it takes to join the XcelHR team? XcelHR is a premier Human Resources outsourcing firm thats positioning itself for explosive nationwide growth. Our clients hundreds of small to mid sized businesses around the country - are able to improve their profitability through time savings and their access to our HR experts, products and services. If youre looking to contribute your skills at a company that cares about its employees and wants to offer you a career instead of just a job, lets have a conversation. In addition to competitive pay, XcelHR provides employees with:
- Health insurance from United Health Care (UHC)
- Dental insurance through MetLife
- Individual employee Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- 15 Days Paid Time Off
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Plus access to additional benefits (paid for by you, if you chose to enroll):
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Call-A-Doctor 24 hour medical advice Payroll Specialist The primary focus of this role is to serve as a primary point of contact for our clients, mainly via telephone and email, in all payroll service related matters. This is an Individual performer role. The Payroll Specialist is expected to exercise a relatively high degree of autonomy on a daily basis, providing guidance on wage and hour law to assigned clients and their employees. The ability to manage priorities in an intelligent and adaptive manner is central to success in this role. Work volume is high and deadline-driven. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required, since this role is client-facing. Essential Functions
- Quickly respond to all incoming communications from clients pertaining to payroll production (consult Service Level Agreement, if applicable, for expected response time frames). This includes via email, telephone, fax, instant messenger and occasionally in-person. Promptly acknowledge all received communications, including faxes, emails and voicemails conveying questions, concerns or routine data.
- Recognize potentially non-compliant requests and paperwork, from an HR perspective, that may need to be referred to an HR Specialist.
- Accurately enter data into the Darwin database in support of timely and accurate client payroll production.
- Correctly interpret and field requests, questions, feedback and concerns.
- Appropriately engage colleagues and /or departments to coordinate actions and resolutions, following through to completion.
- Provide timely and proactive status updates to clients and colleagues.
- Maintain accurate and complete process documentation, including an activity log and notes in Darwin.
- Provide a strong liaison between client base and payroll department, influence an increase in payroll production rates & quality, and client retention rates.
- Understand the services provided by XcelHR and articulate them as needed to clients.
- Attend new client on-boarding meetings and participate as requested.
- Deliver engaging and skillful demonstrations on various applications, such as but not limited to HRIS Systems and the XcelHR Portal.
- Prepare reports and /or audit them for any discrepancy, as requested.
- Quality-check outgoing payrolls, as assigned.
- Handle most tasks, projects and situations of average to medium complexity successfully with minimal direct supervision. Learn quickly from experience, successfully incorporating lessons learned into working methods. Qualifications:
- Associates Degree, Job-Related Studies or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated success in a Customer Service role (internal or client-facing).
- Proven demonstration of data entry skills. XcelHR is an Equal Opportunity Employee
Keywords: XcelHR, Washington DC , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!