Company: Montgomery College
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.Job Title Payroll AssociateJob Description SummaryMontgomery College, Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management, has an immediate need for a full-time Payroll Associate. The work schedule is M-F 8:30am-5:00pm. This position is non-exempt and non-bargaining.This is a temporary position with benefits funded through June 30, 2019. Employment continuation beyond this period is contingent upon need and funding.Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job DescriptionDuties include but are not limited to:
- Reconcile Biweekly Payroll and maintain excel spreadsheets to reflect information required for payroll reconciliation and to support Biweekly, Quarterly and Annual Payroll Records.
- Create Biweekly Benefit Deduction Spreadsheet and reconcile to Invoices received from Benefits Group. Distribute reconciled Invoices to Accounting as instructed.
- Create Biweekly and Monthly Payroll Deduction Invoices for Payroll Taxes, Union Dues, Foundation Contributions, Child Support and Wage Garnishments. Submit to Payroll Manager for review and approval. Distribute approved Invoices to Accounting as instructed
- Create Biweekly General Ledger Interface from Payroll. Review interface, resolve errors and upload interface to General Ledger.
- Support Internal and External Audit requests
- Support Banner Payroll Testing and Documentation in support of System validations and upgrades.
- Support Payroll Testing, Documentation, Implementation and Customer Service in support of the transition to the Workday HR/Payroll System.
- Provide accurate and detailed information to employees/management as requested with respect to confidential and time sensitive matters. Provides clear oral and written communication that reflects excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Four (4) years of experience performing payroll/accounting functions or equivalent combination of education training, and experience demonstrating the ability to perform the work.
- Knowledge of federal and state tax statutes, Fair Labor Standards Act regulations, garnishment laws, basic account maintenance procedures, and modern office procedures and practices.
- Strong ability to independently prioritize work and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to interact with Executives, Staff, Faculty, Students and Vendors in a calm, professional manner
- Strong PC skills across MS Office Suite. Must have strong Excel skills
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorshipPreferred Qualifications:
- Banner Payroll System and Workday Payroll System experience
- Payroll Implementation Experience
- General knowledge of HR, Benefits and Payroll related AccountingApplication Process:
- Apply online at
- Online applications must be received by September 28, 2018As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes. Closing DateFriday, September 28, 2018 Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace For disability-related accommodations, please call or send an email to: Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Keywords: Montgomery College, Washington DC, Payroll Associate, Human Resources, Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!