HR Analytics Consultant
Company: Cape Fox Corporation
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn. Job
Title HR Analytics Consultant Job Description Job Summary
The Civil Service Staffing Division (CSS) is an operational unit
within USAID's Office of Human Capital and Talent Management, Human
Capital Services Center (HCTM/HCSC) that specializes in providing
expert guidance and advisory services on a wide range of Civil
Service (CS) staffing matters. A key component of CSS's mission is
to enhance customer service, improve workforce analysis, and
proactively drive innovation and efficiency in the services we
offer. To strengthen our capabilities, we are seeking an
experienced HR Data Analyst to join our team. In this role, the
Analyst will play a vital role in collecting, analyzing, and
visualizing data on personnel and recruitment processes. They will
deliver valuable insights derived from the data through various
channels to different stakeholders, ensuring effective
communication and understanding of agency/HCTM priorities. By
leveraging advanced statistical analysis techniques, the Analyst
will uncover insights and trends that will inform decision-making
and enable us to enhance our customer service initiatives. They
will also proactively provide strategic recommendations for process
improvements based on thorough workforce analysis, optimizing our
staffing approach and streamlining operations. With a focus on
accuracy and reliability, the Analyst will champion the use of HR
analytics and innovative HR information systems to provide accurate
and reliable data that drives decision-making. They will monitor
industry trends, seek opportunities to improve our service delivery
model, and ensure that CSS remains at the forefront of HR analytics
and technology. Through effective communication and a deep
understanding of agency/HCTM priorities, the Analyst will help
transform CSS into a world-class staffing division, delivering
exceptional service and optimizing the CS staffing experience for
candidates and hiring managers alike.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general
details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this
job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the
scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an
all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Employee may perform
other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas
to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or
otherwise to balance the workload.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the HR Analytics Consultant position in the
Civil Service Staffing Division may include:
- Develop and implement data collection strategies to gather
HR-related information, including personnel data, recruitment
metrics, and workforce demographics.
- Analyze and interpret HR data using statistical techniques to
identify trends, patterns, and insights that inform decision-making
and improve CS staffing processes.
- Create and present data visualizations, dashboards, and reports
to effectively communicate HR analytics findings to stakeholders,
including senior leadership and hiring managers.
- Proactively conduct workforce planning and analysis to identify
current and future staffing needs, optimize resource allocation,
and ensure alignment with agency objectives and priorities.
- Collaborate with CSS team members, hiring managers, and
stakeholders to identify areas for process improvement, develop
innovative solutions, and drive continuous improvement in CS
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging
trends in HR analytics, data management, and technology to ensure
the adoption of cutting-edge tools and techniques.
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendations on HR
information systems and database management to ensure data
integrity, accuracy, and compliance with relevant regulations and
- Support the development and implementation of new CS staffing
initiatives, programs, and policies by providing data-driven
insights and recommendations.
- Conduct regular reviews and audits of HR data to identify and
address data quality issues, data gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders such as HR
professionals, foreign service counterparts, subject matter
experts, and industry partners to collaborate and share knowledge
on HR analytics and practices. This will help tap into external
expertise and ensure better outcomes for our HR strategies. Travel
Requirements 0 - 10% Salary Grade Job Requirements Education and/or
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
Statistics, Data Analytics, or a related field.
- Qualifications and Requirements
Qualification Requirements and Preferences for the HR Analytics
Consultant position, with a preference for federal hiring process
experience or knowledge: Requirements:
- Proven experience in HR analytics, data analysis, and
interpreting complex data sets.
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis tools and software,
such as SPSS, R, Python, or similar programs.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with
the ability to analyze and interpret data to drive insights and
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Tableau (or PowerBI) to build
- Demonstrated experience in building and presenting data
visualizations, dashboards, and reports to effectively communicate
HR analytics findings.
- Strong knowledge of HR principles, practices, and
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify
data trends, patterns, and outliers to solve HR-related
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and data
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to collaborate and communicate complex concepts to
technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined
by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN USAID FACILITY ACCESS
- Experience or knowledge of the federal hiring process,
including familiarity with regulations, guidelines, and policies
related to federal personnel and recruitment processes.
- Master's degree in HR, Organizational Psychology, Data
Analytics, or a related field.
- Experience working in a government agency or Civil Service
- Familiarity with HR information systems (HRIS) and applicant
tracking systems (ATS), particularly OPM's USA Staffing system, HR
Connect (or another PeopleSoft system), and ServiceNow.
- Experience in workforce planning, organizational development,
or talent management.
- Certification in HR analytics or related field.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis techniques and
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team and managing
- Proficient in data collection methodologies, data management,
and database systems. Category Human Resources Location USAID -
Washington, DC, DC 20004 US (Primary)
Keywords: Cape Fox Corporation, Washington DC , HR Analytics Consultant, Human Resources , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!