Posted on: September 24, 2022
Squishable is a close-knit team of designers, artists, pop
culture-fanatics, and lovers of all things adorable. Together we
create the cutest, cuddliest, (and sometimes downright unusual)
plush and lifestyle products in the world. With the millions-strong
Squishable fan community cheering us on (and a lot of cupcakes,
coffee, and karaoke) we make people say "awww." Our offices are in
a sunny Soho loft in NYC, and downtown Washington DC.What does this
position do?We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources (HR)
Generalist to implement a variety of human resource programs. The
HR department will depend on your assistance in a number of
important functions such as staffing, compensation and benefits,
and employee engagementResponsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions.
- Conducts background checks and employee eligibility
verifications for new hires.
- Manages benefit administration including open enrollment,
working with benefit brokers and insurance partners, new employee
enrollment, and qualifying life event changes.
- Supports an inclusive culture and commitment to a work
environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, and
- Creates and manages processes and solutions for specific
operational needs including store policies, reporting, time
management, and record keeping.
- Conduct timely investigations on all employee relations
matters, leading these with confidentiality, trust, compliance, and
- Partners with the store leadership team to create and carry out
policies, talent strategies, progressive discipline, and retention
- Adapt and implement people programs and processes including
annual review process, talent development, and change management
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; frequently
reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.Who are you?This is an exciting
opportunity for someone that loves all things People! You're
ambitious, hungry, resourceful, and looking for an chance to make
an impact within a growing company.Other nice to haves:
- A bachelor's degree in business, human resources or a related
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Knowledge of HR resources and tools
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management
- Proven capability to foster and support a positive, inclusive,
diverse, and highly collaborative employee culture.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- SHRM-CP or similar HR certification is a plus.
- Prior retail experience is a plus.At Squishable.com, Inc. we
value, celebrate, and support diversity and inclusivity across our
community and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
are committed to building a team that represents a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. We do not discriminate
against any applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, or veteran status.Where permitted by applicable
law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19
vaccine and booster by date of hire.CCPA disclosure notice here.Job
Type: Full-timePay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayWork Location: One location
Keywords: Squishable, Washington DC , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!