Human Resources Generalist
Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of
parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we're
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our
industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If
you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Human Resources Generalist supports the Senior HR Business
Partner for the Washington, D.C metro area region in establishing
and meeting professional and compliant employment practices. As a
company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership
culture, the entry level HR Generalist will act as a liaison
between the programs and initiatives originating from the Home
Office and help to support the individual needs of our operational
teams throughout the assigned markets.
Principal Job Duties:
- Handles day-to-day HR transactions and assists the field
operations as needed.
- Supports the administration of human resources policies,
procedures and programs.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and
mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to human
- Helps to coach and educate managers throughout the region with
appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally-compliant
- Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws in
regions; updating forms, policies, procedures as needed in
coordination with the home office.
- Manage leaves of absence including FMLA, disability leaves,
others as needed in coordination with the home office HR and
- Responsible for overseeing payroll processing; ensure managers
sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the home
office payroll to ensure pay data is completed and uploaded
properly; work with managers to ensure proper wage and hour
- Responsible for employee maintenance in HRIS system.
- Acts as a liaison to the Home Office related to employee
benefits inquiries within the region.
- Manage & assist with programs relative to; employee training,
audits, safety training, claims prevention, employee culture
initiatives, wellness and health and overall employee
- Responsible for workers compensation for region; reporting
claims timely and adhering to company process with claims
- Assist with LAZ audit processes to including but not limited
to: performing HR Audits, on-site audits, perform follow-up audit
duties, and provide feedback to the LAZ HR/Audit team.
- Maintain an updated central repository of HR processes and
documentation for the region.
- Others related duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- PHR certification is preferred but not required.Experience:
- 2-4 years Human Resources experience with emphasis on payroll
- Strong employee relations, workers compensation, and benefits
experience and practices.
- Knowledge of current Federal, State and Local laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea
sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching
conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges
(Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.Physical
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment
practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide
equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of
religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam
era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected
veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law. No question in our application process is used for
the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration
for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Washington DC , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!