Posted on: June 25, 2022
Meltwater has gone from humble beginnings in Oslo, Norway in 2001
to the global leader in media intelligence with 30,000 global
clients today. We provide solutions to help modern PR,
communication, and marketing professionals better understand their
current media landscape, both in the news & social media.
For almost 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture
based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they
possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the
right people in the right working environment, great things happen.
There are 2,000 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55
offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office
you're in, you'll be surrounded by the best colleagues you've ever
Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit through
our 3 core values- Moro (fun), Enere (number one) and Respect
(Respect). These founding principles stem from our Norweigan roots
and are why Meltwater has been named a Great Place to Work in
several markets across the globe. We have high energy, open concept
offices that focus on teamwork and collaboration. We ensure our
employees have easy access to management and learn quickly from
those around them.
At Meltwater, the average isn't good enough. Our goal is to build a
groundbreaking company supported by a thriving culture in which our
people aspire to exceed their personal expectations. We only
promote our sales leadership team from within the company, and our
goal is to facilitate your long-term professional growth.
Our work is fun, challenging and rewarding, and we're looking for
driven individuals, passionate about learning business by doing
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment
opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard
to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status
disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with
respect and dignity.
The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at:
And "EEO is the Law Supplement" poster is available at:
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a
disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any
part of the application process or are limited in the ability or
unable to access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact us for
Office is located in Marina del Rey, CA in Los Angeles County
The Payroll Administrator is required to process payrolls timely,
accurately and in compliance with federal, state, and local
regulations. The payroll administrator will be the point of contact
for answering employees' questions about payroll taxes, year-end
tax forms, benefits, and 401K deductions. The role will report
directly to the Sr Global Payroll Manager for Americas.
- Assisting in processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly US
payrolls and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local
- Send weekly communication to all non-exempt employees and
ensure that timecards are submitted and approved on time.
- Assisting in processing the day-to-day payroll operations
including processing new hires, merit increases, terminations,
LOAs, bonuses, liens, and garnishments accurately and in a timely
- Provide payroll reconciliation reports to the Sr Global Payroll
Manager for approval.
- Process funding 401K contributions for each payroll.
- Assist in managing external audits. (401K and Workers'
- Respond timely to employee inquiries concerning payroll related
- Partner closely with HR on employee benefits, timecard issues,
OT calculations and withholding (401K, FSA, HSA, etc)
- Assist with the payroll registration and setup for new
locations as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll SOX, policies, and
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and payroll projects as
- Assist in frequent internal payroll audits and process
- 2+ years of relevant payroll experience.
- Canadian and US payroll experience and Certified Payroll
Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of the best payroll practices along
with the Federal and State regulations.
- Experience with Workday, ADP Workforce Now, and Microsoft
- Experience with Netsuite is a beneficial advantage.
- Team player with excellent customer service and communication
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle
multiple projects while simultaneously demonstrating creativity and
- Ability to create, optimize, and execute processes for a
growing company using best practices.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on
quality of output.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards. Self-aware,
accepting, honest, open, polite, and respectful of others.
- A commitment to personal growth, learning, and development.
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Experience: Payroll - 2 years
License/Certification: Certified Payroll Professional
Keywords: Meltwater, Washington DC , Payroll Administrator, Human Resources , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!