Delivery Truck Driver
Company: CAPITAL AREA FOOD BANK
Posted on: February 15, 2019
This position is for local residents only.Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Delivery Truck Driver The Capital Area Food Bank is the largest organization in the Washington, DC metro area working to solve hunger and its companion problems: chronic under-nutrition, heart disease, and obesity. By partnering with 450 community organizations in DC, MD, and VA, as well as delivering food directly into hard to reach areas, the CAFB is helping 540,000 people each year get access to good, healthy food. That's 12% of our region's mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, and grandparents.
It's an exciting time at the Food Bank as we embark on our next strategic plan. We will have a dual focus on addressing hunger today and seeking innovative approaches that bundle food with other related services as we aim to have a lasting impact on longer term food security. We are looking for dynamic individuals who believe strongly in food as a catalyst for improved nutrition, better health outcomes, enhanced educational attainment and greater economic engagement. We believe that access to and affordability of good quality food can lead to more inclusive participation in the growth of the Greater Washington area.
The Grocery Plus program is a combination of two USDA programs. The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides a monthly package of healthy groceries and complementary nutrition education to seniors at risk of hunger. The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) provides vouchers for fresh fruits and vegetables once a year. The Capital Area Food Bank is the executor of both programs for DC with oversight by the DC Office on Aging.
The Delivery Driver leads the distribution of Grocery Plus packages throughout the D.C. community by driving a 26-foot box truck to distribution locations. Locations include churches, senior apartment buildings, senior centers, recreation centers, and other nonprofit organizations.
S/he will interact regularly with site leaders at the time of delivery, get paperwork signed for, load and offload the truck, and place the packages in the designated areas. This position is essential in getting the food out into the community that seniors need to maintain a healthy diet.
- Drive vehicle to distribution locations as assigned following food safety regulations and governing traffic area traffic laws to and from distribution locations;
- Loads trucks as assigned with orders daily;
Unloads trucks at locations and carts packages to designated locations on site;
- Counts product and verifies invoice to ensure proper amount is delivered as assigned to locations;
- Provides prompt and accurate customer service by arriving on time to assigned locations, interacting respectfully and professionally with Site Leaders and Program Participants, and answering questions/concerns as best as possible;
- Assists with Home Delivery in assigned zip code area;
Safely operates select equipment such as a forklift, pallet jack, carts;
- Communicates accurately with Grocery Plus Operations Manager regarding updates on site activities and relations with Site Leaders and Program Participants;
- Maintains cleanliness of trucks and assigned Distribution Center storage areas;
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma;
- Minimum 2 years driving experience;
- Commercial Driver s License (CDL) Class B;
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service skills while interacting with CAFB staff, Site Leaders, and program participants;
- Working knowledge of DC metro area.
Keywords: CAPITAL AREA FOOD BANK, Washington DC , Delivery Truck Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!