Company: Adecco USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Sous Chef Washington, DC 55K-60K Full Benefits Direct-Hire The
Sous Chef works under the supervision of the Executive Chef and is
responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and the
direction of food preparation in the kitchen. Duties include:
- Leadership and Management:
- Lead kitchen team in chef's absence, and provides guidance to
junior staff members.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels for kitchen
staff to maintain budgeted labor costs.
- Supervise and communicate with kitchen staff and management to
achieve budgeted costs related to labor, food, beverage, etc.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and submitting
recommendations for new hires in Culinary operations.
- Responsible for executing new hire training for kitchen
- Administers disciplinary action to kitchen staff when necessary
and provides guidance on performance improvement.
- Kitchen/Culinary Operations:
- Adhere to sanitation regulations and safety regulations
- Aids in the development and maintenance of a thorough and
accurate recipe file.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns.
- Maintain accurate inventories with ongoing inventory analysis
- Maintain accurate and timely costing of daily specials and menu
- Manage par levels for all chemicals, BOH supplies, and small
- Assist Executive Chef and General Manager with preventative
maintenance and maintenance scheduling of all restaurant
- Responsible for waste tracking and control.
- Effective and thorough management of unit cleanliness.
- Possess and demonstrates excellent culinary skills
- Ability and willingness to work all BOH positions when
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and
- Experience with BOH systems, ordering, and inventory
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience developing staff
- Management experience preferred
- Successful completion of Food Safety training required with 30
days of hire Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read
our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we
will use your information, please navigate to
https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacyThe Company will
consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Adecco USA, Washington DC , Sous Chef-DC, Hospitality & Tourism , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!