Company: Modena Reserve Kensington
Posted on: August 7, 2022
About Modena Reserve Kensington:
Love to make a difference in the lives of seniors? At Solera Senior
Living we are led by our Core Values which guide our
decision-making at every level of our company. We are looking for
compassionate individuals who want to join our team!
What can Solera offer you?
- A company that is growing so you can grow too!
- Ability to be paid immediately, no more waiting for paycheck
- Interested in returning to school? We have a tuition
- A great team of co-workers
- Comprehensive medical plan that includes discounted gym
- Dental/vision/life/disability benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid holidays and time off
- Perks and discount programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are constantly asking ourselves to think outside of the box,
utilize technology to improve lives, honor our relationships with
one another, and make a meaningful difference in our community. Our
leadership team is made up of passionate people who have a true
connection to seniors and their families, and who are dedicated to
helping others' grow and thrive.
Solera's Core Values:
Listen---we flat out LOVE what we do and if our story resonates
with you, and you want to LOVE what you do every day - we want to
Overview & Responsibilities :
The Cook provides full-scope, hands on production cooking in a
community Culinary program. This person is responsible for
maintaining a superior level of quality service, and cleanliness at
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are
representative of those a team member encounters while performing
the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been
made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no
way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be
required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties
does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar,
related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
- Exemplify at all times community standards of cleanliness,
sanitation and operational organization.
- Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance and
presentation standards at all times.
- Produce and serve menu cycle programs that are compliant with
required Nutritional/Dietary criteria as required by local
regulations and correctly prepare diets provided per policy and
- Exhibit cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Demonstrate knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and
- Visit residents periodically to evaluate food service such as
quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance; and conducts
evaluations to make revisions in operations / procedures to promote
improved food service.
- Embrace a culture of hospitality! All team members are expected,
as a condition of employment to practice excellent customer service
in all interactions with residents, guests, and coworkers.
- Plan, prepare, present and deliver all meals served within the
- Maintain a sanitary work environment and conform to all local
codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving
- Inspect food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for
upkeep and supply control.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing necessary forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, etc., to assure control of equipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly dining room(s).
- Obtain and maintain Serv Safe/Food Handler's Permit.
- As applicable, process diet changes and new diets received and
cooperate in the therapeutic and regular diet plans and menus to
assure they are in compliance with the physician's orders.
- Plan and prepare food items for activities, marketing and special
events, as requested.
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents,
families and visitors.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with
co-workers and other departments.
- Support a positive and professional image through actions and
- Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned by
the Director of Culinary Experience.
- Experience of 1 year restaurant/senior living or equivalent
- Ability to follow approved, standardized recipes and menus for
regular and therapeutic diets.
- Ability to make independent decisions without supervision.
- Ability to interact tactfully with residents and family members,
team members and general public. Ability to make decisions in
- Ability to communicate directions to all levels of team members,
both in writing and verbally.
- Possesses good character and displays high degree of personal
integrity. Displays sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired
- Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs
of older people and their families.
- Required to participate in Covid-19 testing as requested by
administration, ownership or the State Regulatory Agencies.
- Required to receive or provide documentation of the Covid-19
Vaccine, excluding religious or medical exemptions.
- Required to receive the annual Flu vaccine, excluding religious
or medical exemptions.
Keywords: Modena Reserve Kensington, Washington DC , Cook $19-$21, Hospitality & Tourism , Kensington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!