Company: Zandra's Taqueria
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionVoted Best Mexican Restaurant in
Northern Virginia in 2017 and 2018 by Virginia Living Magazine,
Zandra's Taqueria is a Mexican restaurant offering handcrafted,
gourmet tacos made with fresh, local ingredients. A lively
atmosphere is complemented by live music on the weekend. Founded in
2014, Zandra's has two locations in Old Town Manassas and City of
Fairfax and is known for its community involvement, which includes
hosting annual clothing drive benefiting Northern Virginia Family
Services/SERVE.Zandra's Taqueria is always looking for experienced
individuals to join our high-energy, dynamic, dedicated, and
professional team!Zandra's Taqueria offers competitive wages,
career growth, a festive work environment and more! Summary of
PositionAs a bartender, you must be friendly, outgoing and possess
good communication skills. A guest's dinner and/or bar experience
should be equally enjoyable, and you play a major role in the
overall picture. You should be organized, able to think and act
quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Display
integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
Compensation includes hourly pay + tips. Duties and
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a
score of 90% or better.
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words,
tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated
through your actions.
- Understand and follow all ABC regulations in order to maintain
a safe atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to ABC
Company's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for
guests of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from
guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display
in agreement with Zandra'sstandards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests have to
ask for it.
- Count drinks Guests are served.
- Place current bar tabs in front of Guests at all times.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Be alert of guest signals
(raising a hand, looking directly at you, etc.), and acknowledge
the guest so they know you will be right with them.
- Learn your guests' names, occupations, and favorite
- Responsible service of alcohol. Should a guest reach the state
you do not feel they should drive, we will supply a taxi. Do not
hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Other duties as directed. Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and be a problem
- Ability to reach, bend, stop and frequently lift up 25 lbs.
without assistance and 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Work in a hot and noisy environment.
- Must have high integrity and solid work ethic.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expected to work long hours during peak periods, evenings, and
- Having or obtaining a food handler's and/or alcohol
certification may be required. Experience:
- Must have bartender / front of house experience.Compensation
Package: Zandra's Taqueria offers a competitive salary and benefits
package to include medical and dental insurance along with
workplace balance and dining privileges.Zandra's Taqueria is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Zandra's Taqueria, Washington DC , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!