Steward/ Dishwasher- at CUT, by Wolfgang Puck- $1000 Sign On Bonus - (16081)
Company: Rosewood Washington D.c.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at Rosewood Washington DC
One of the most sought-after steak restaurants in the world is
hiring. CUT by Wolfgang Puck will offer sophisticated and modern
design, refined service and the absolute finest selections of beef.
The breakfast, lunch and dinner menus will reflect the unique
spirit and sensibility of the Washington metropolitan area, with
both the menu and design drawing inspiration from the surrounding
CUT will feature two stunning bars: one guests will find upon
entering the hotel lobby while the other sits atop the hotel on a
magnificent deck overlooking the city. Both will offer custom
artisan cocktails, wine, beer and an extensive food menu.
Overview: Set up wares for dining outlets, cafeteria and events,
retrieve and wash soiled wares, transport supplies and food to
service areas and assist the Kitchen with plating up of meals as
needed. Clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing, Kitchen,
Cafeteria, Trash Compactor, Storage areas. Assist in washing pots,
pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment.
- Support, maintain and adhere to all safety, health and sanitary
guidelines and recommendations issued by Rosewood, the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention; OSHA, Federal and local DC
Government to mitigate exposure and spread of COVID-19.
- Set up wares for dining outlets, cafeteria and banquets,
retrieve and wash soiled wares, transport supplies and food to
service areas and assist the Kitchen at times with plating up of
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
policies, service procedures and standards , ensuring that
standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain and strictly abide to state sanitation and health
regulations and hotel requirements of work areas and
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and
- Meet with Sous Chefs to review assignments, anticipated
business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job
- Complete opening duties: Set up workstation with required
sanitary cleaning supplies, tools and equipment according to
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools,
equipment and supplies and ensure everything complies with kitchen
- Check cleaning schedule, list and review with Sous Chefs and
establish priority items for the day.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be ordered
before they run out.
- Transport supplies to and from the storeroom and refrigerators
to stock in designated areas using the FIFO system and maintain
- Communicate any assistance needed to the Sous Chef to ensure
- Clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing, Kitchen, Butcher
room, Cafeteria, Trash Compactor and Storage areas.
- Assist in washing plates, glassware, pots, pans and other
kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Ensure minimal to no breakage while handling and washing of
- Maintain organized dish station area.
- Manage the volume of wares washed to a safe level as to not
over stack or pile equipment.
- Maintain dish machine to run safe and efficient per machine and
- Knowledge of how to properly use specific chemicals per hotel
- Restock plates, pots and pans throughout your shift.
- Maintain a superior level of cleanliness throughout the
- Frequent sweeps and mops throughout the kitchen areas,
cafeteria, butcher room and back of house.
- Maintain level of trash throughout the kitchen areas, removing
and replacing can liners as needed.
- Set up and maintain cafeteria per standard operating procedures
- Frequent upkeep, monitoring and rotation of cafeteria meal
- Assist with organizing kitchen storage areas and walk-ins.
- Assist with receiving and organizing goods into proper
locations adhering to FIFO standards.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing
with guests and fellow employees.
- Always communicate with Sous Chef when leaving your
- Other duties as assigned by the chefs.
- The list of responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this
position. The company reserves the right to add, remove or alter
duties when business need dictates.
Experience: Previous experience as a Steward or Dishwasher is
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with
attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and
follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving
problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly;
understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain
confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills: Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal;
ability to provide legible communication and directions; ability to
perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
ability to prioritize, organize and follow up; able to follow
directions thoroughly; ability to work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in
transporting of supplies, restaurant equipment, furniture, plates
and flat ware. Endure various physical movements throughout the
work areas, ability to stand stationary for long periods of time;
able to reach up and down to lift, pull, push up a minimum of 35
Licenses & Certifications: None required.
Rosewood Washington DC requires all employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, and applicants are required to submit
proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. In accordance
with the law, Rosewood Washington DC will accommodate employees who
cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine for medical or
religious reasons, and applicants should contact the Director of
Talent and Culture if they have questions about this requirement or
wish to request an accommodation.by Jobble
Keywords: Rosewood Washington D.c., Washington DC , Steward/ Dishwasher- at CUT, by Wolfgang Puck- $1000 Sign On Bonus - (16081), Hospitality & Tourism , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!