Customer Service Representative / Agent Sales Executive
Company: Big Bus Tours
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The overall purpose of a Customer Service Representative and an
Agent Sales Executive is to serve customers by providing product
and service information, resolving product and service issues and
selling/promoting products. Assist the Agent Sales Team in managing
existing and new agent accounts with the guidance of the City Sales
Manager as well as maximize sales within the partner portfolio and
the creation of new business.These individuals are...Warmly
- Have a genuine and receptive approach to team work.
- Complete interactions with other departments and management
with the highest level of patience and self-assurance.
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences through knowledge of
our products and services. Memorable Storytellers
- For many of our customers, this is their first time exploring
the city. The appearance and performance of our Sales team
contributes to the overall guest experience and that begins with
- We turn tourists into explorers and our Sales Team members are
in many cases the first part of the Big Bus Story for our
customers. First impressions are important so we expect our team to
be properly groomed, always look professional stand out above the
competition. Always Entertaining
- We are always entertaining, delivering information with flair.
A natural communicator with a positive attitude is a must. We want
people who engage with their team members, management, and our
partners in an effectual way. Dedicated
- We are a BIG operation and in order to be successful we need
professionals who will be dedicated to this role, how? Be here on
time, well dressed and well groomed.
- We want to be the No 1 thing to do in every world famous city
and we need dedicated and driven professionals to work towards this
- Learn the key motivation and initiatives of Big Bus in order to
achieve goals daily.
- Work to create a positive and successful environment where our
sales operation is your top priority and handled with the highest
level of integrity and trust. Never Satisfied
- We want CSRs and Sales Agents who are achievement driven and
never satisfied: who are constantly looking for ways to improve
their craft, knowledge, skills and leadership.
- We want proactive, self-starters who are naturally driven to
outperform themselves, the competition and maybe even their
colleagues in friendly competition.
- We want problem solvers who can anticipate issues and take
Key Areas of Accountability and Responsibility:Customer Service
- Promote the core values of the Big Bus Tour Brand, and act,
keeping Quality, Honesty, Integrity, Passion, Loyalty,
Competitiveness, Team Spirit and Customer focus in mind at all
- Report to work on time, in appropriate uniform, representing
the brand appropriately and with pride
- Respond to companywide goals and initiatives by striving to
exceed individual goals that are set each day
- Providing our customers with outstanding customer service
through Subject Matter Expert type knowledge of Big Bus Tours
products, operation, partnerships, and customer service
- Engage our potential customers through tactful ways to discover
their needs, recommend Big Bus Tours core products for their
- Adhere to all company policies and local selling
- Recognize and take action on opportunities to recommend core
packaged products and partnered attractions in order to provide our
customers a variety of ways to see the city and contribute to the
financial success of the company.
- Maximize company revenue through appropriate upselling of our
core packaged products as well as collection and redemption of
- Provide our customers with genuine approach to customer service
and entertain them during their experience as well as check issued
tickets to ensure accuracy of customer purchase.
- Provide customer service including directions, advisement on
attractions and eateries, general information.
- Minimize losses through careful processing of all monetary
transactions and keeping record of all sales, vouchers, and
- Alert supervisors of any transactional issues, incidents,
breakdowns and vehicle defects in a timely manner.
- Protect company assets such as issued Company property (i.e.
ECR machine), branded brochures, and any other marketing materials
and ensure they are well maintained; Report any witnessed
infractions of company policy to supervisors with urgency.
- Monitor and maintain an environment where customer and team
member safety is a concern at all times.Agent Sales Executive
- Keep and build long lasting partnerships with agents.
- Acquire new business partners in order to enhance sales a
- Act as liaison between agent partners and Big Bus Tours by
reporting to City Sales Manager any issues experienced by our
- Assist City Sales Manager on the development of short and long
term sales plans within the department.
- Ensuring charging and debits are in control following the
supervision of the City Sales Manager.
- Maintain updated agent partners portfolio data base by
reporting accurate information.
- Maintain updated Daily visit reports as outlined by City Sales
- Report Agent Partner updates and trends to City Sales Manager
through and in weekly, monthly reports and meetings.
- Possess the consistent ability and knowledge to lead informal
and formal meeting with sales partners, City Sales Manager and
General Manager (and, as necessary, Big Bus Tours staff).
- Embody company culture and maintain high level of engagement
with our agent partners.
- Ensure any further costs with our partners are informed and
authorized by the City Sales Manager, following the guidance of the
- Confirm sales commissions are distributed to our agent partners
in accordance with budget under the authority of the City Sales
Manager and General Manager.
- To carry out other tasks as may be reasonably
- Knowledge of DC area and products being sold
- Great sales energy; ability to network
- Effective spoken and written communication
- Revenue tracking and reporting
- Must be able to interact with and speak to customers and
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and
maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS
- Customer Engagement / Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Sales Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness
- Goal Oriented
- Team Oriented
- Ethical ConductQualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Sales experience and competitive nature
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance, in accordance with
- Customer Service experience is a plus, but not required
- Professional decorum is a MUST!
- Focus on problem solving based on customers and business
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing
questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage
multiple priorities and adapt to change
- Professional and friendly attitude in order to quickly develop
a rapport with customers over the phone
- Drivers license class C is required Physical Requirements:
- Walking/Standing most of the 8 hour shift
- Operation of ticket machine and exchange of cash/credit and
tickets can be done with one hand if needed
- No lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling over 5lbs
- No overhead lifting/carrying/pushing/pullingWorking Hours and
- Must be available to work a variety of hours, which may include
early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- 40 hours/week: approximately 60% fulfilling responsibilities of
Customer Service Representative role and 40% fulfilling
responsibilities of Agent Sales Executive role.
- Some training is provided, but proven experience in sales
position and customer service is a plus. PI118029979
Keywords: Big Bus Tours, Washington DC , Customer Service Representative / Agent Sales Executive, Hospitality & Tourism , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!