Radiology Technologist Spec MSPC
Company: MedStar Prompt Care
Posted on: October 13, 2019
- MedStar PromptCare is committed to providing world-class,
compassionate care to every patient, every time, at every touch
point during the experience. All associates are accountable for
their role in meeting patient experience standards.
- Performs clinical and administrative duties in the MedStar
PromptCare Settings consistent with policies & procedures. Works
under the supervision of a physician and performs patient intake,
standing orders or protocols, venipuncture, laboratory testing and
patient follow up. Will also administer oral, IM, SC, or
intradermal medications when ordered by a provider, after
demonstrating competency to the Clinical Professional Development
Specialist or designee. Clinical Care Specialists (CCSs) certified
as Radiologic Technologists also perform and transmit X-ray
diagnostic images. This position documents as appropriate in the
medical record and supports optimal patient flow.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's degree or equivalent; Completion of an approved
- Externship in a medical or ambulatory health setting; 2+ years
of Medical office experience strongly preferred.
- ARRT Certification; Must have a Maryland, Virginia, or DC State
License-Certified Medical Radiation whichever is applicable to
location of the position; CPR Certification
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clinical competency as verified during the initial 90 day
orientation period and annually thereafter.Excellent customer
service/ patient interaction skills; Computer & Electronic Medical
Record skills and ability to function in a variable clinical
setting. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to the MedStar PromptCare Code of Conduct and its
Compliance plan; complies with governmental and accreditation
guidelines, completing all scheduled training including, but not
limited to, safety, infection control, OSHA, CPR, EMR, general
compliance, harassment and service.
- Cleans, stocks and sterilizes equipment in addition to cleaning
and preparing patient rooms for care delivery.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Delivers patient care consistent with policy and with high
regard for patient/ employee safety and quality of care.
- Embraces new technology and use of the electronic health
- Manages patient flow with consistent and frequent communication
with patients/ families as well genuine regard for their time and
comfort. Uses and embraces the iCare program.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves
on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility
in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other testing and care consistent with the scope of
the MedStar PromptCare practice including, but not limited to,
spirometry/ PFTs, patient vitals and BMI, EKGs, vision and hearing
test, splinting and general patient care under the supervision of
the medical provider.
- Performs patient follow up calls for lab tests, patient
experience, and clinical results in accordance with policy and in a
- Performs venipuncture and selected patient and laboratory
testing (point of care); initiates care pathways in accordance with
- Performs x-rays in accordance with medical provider orders;
forwards images to the appropriate radiologist for over-reads;
maintains x-ray equipment and adheres to safety standards.
- Promotes an atmosphere of respect toward patients, families,
vendors, employers and co-workers. Acts and communicates
professionally at all time.
- Provides care consistent with MedStar's mission, vision and
values and in a manner that engenders patient confidence and
loyalty by exceeding expectations.
- Serves as a patient escort throughout the care process and
assists in patient discharge, assuring clarity for the patient or
- Supports new clinical and service initiatives; seeks
opportunities to improve care and the patient experience.
- Supports other members of the team during downtime or
bottlenecks in patient processing. Understands and participates in
basic computer and patient intake skills at the front desk.
- Supports the medical provider?in patient examination, testing
- Under medical provider?supervision, prepares and administers
oral medications and injections limited to intradermal,
subcutaneous, and intramuscular after demonstrating competency to
the Clinical Professional Development Specialist or designee. About
MedStar HealthMedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Prompt Care, Washington DC , Radiology Technologist Spec MSPC, Healthcare , Alexandria, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!