Nurse Supervisor-Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: August 20, 2019
CompanyLancaster General Medical GrpCost Center61275 Plastic
SurgerySupervisory OrganizationPlastic Surgery
AdministrationGradeG14SummaryPOSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes and
supervises all clinical staff functions on a daily basis to ensure
quality patient care is provided in a physician office or urgent
care setting.? Performs all nursing duties as needed.? Patient care
includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric
(infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64
years), and geriatric (over 64 years).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Supervises and coordinates the daily functions of all clinical
staff, providing guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Completes and maintains schedule for clinical staff ensuring
adequate coverage is available at all times while effectively
managing overtime. Ensures timely and accurate approval of all
clinical staff time cards as assigned.
- Provides orientation, education and training for new employees.
Provides and implements on-going continuing education and training
for existing staff as needed and is responsible for ensuring all
staff complete annual competencies within the designated timeframe.
Plays an active role in the growth and development of staff.
- In collaboration with manager interviews and selects candidates
for vacant positions.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a
positive influence at all times in the handling of patient and
employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values,
mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with
all customers including providers, office staff, patients and
fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer
service a top priority.
- In collaboration with management, oversees all care
coordination activities performed by the clinical staff in the team
based care model. Assist in implementing, monitoring and actively
participating in performance improvement initiatives to improve
overall patient experience and quality of care.
- In collaboration with Practice Manager or Nurse Manager,
completes annual performance evaluations for assigned staff.
Coordinates coaching and/or disciplinary action in accordance with
LG Health and practice policies.
- Conducts routine clinical staff meetings. Communicates with
staff on a regular basis to keep them informed of any new
information, processes or procedures. Meets one on one with staff
at a minimum of once a quarter.
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings
including but not limited to practice staff meetings and Nurse
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence
based on clinical judgments and/or triage protocols in accordance
with regulatory requirements and standards of practice. Consults
with provider as necessary.
- Provides patient specific education including but not limited
to preventive care, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis,
medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes.
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming
- Administers injections and medications as prescribed by the
provider and in accordance with department protocol, regulatory
requirements and standards of practice.?
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor
surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs Point of Care Testing, patient monitoring and patient
assessment at the request of the provider, including but not
limited to telemetry monitoring, EKGs, IV therapy, medication
delivery, breathing treatments, vision testing, hearing, flu, urine
and strep tests.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them
for further testing.
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the
- Assists with test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after
each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and
equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with reviewing and revising patient care plans in
collaboration with provider and patient and assesses patient
progress. Follows up with patient between visits as necessary.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring
preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and
transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner
according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality
policies and procedures.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties
are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Lead, promotes and actively participates in new practice
initiatives and projects as outlined by practice leadership.
- Assists practice leadership in managing expenses within
budgetary constraints. Orders medical and/or pharmaceutical
supplies within budgetary allowances and inventory control
- Other duties as assigned by management.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the PA
State Board of Nursing.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience.
- Urgent Care positions require BLS and ACLS
- Prior supervisory experience in a physician office or urgent
- Urgent Care positions - PALS is preferredCOGNITIVE
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one
aspect of a situation simultaneously.? It is highly likely that
multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at
the same time.New Learning and Memory:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal
memory and new learning.? Efficiency in processing of verbal
information, either in written or spoken form, is a major
requirement and prerequisite of the job.? The individual must be
able to attend to and process multiple bits of information
simultaneously.? The individual must be able to organize and
categorize this information effectively so that later recall is
feasible.Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking:
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem
solving.? The individual must be able to apply principles of
logical or scientific thinking to define problems.? The individual
must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the
ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single
instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be
aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem.? The development
of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful
interpretation, analysis and diagnosis.? The individual must be
able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.?
The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of
inventiveness, experimentation and intuition.? They must be able to
deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.APTITUDES:?
The following are essential requirements of the position in
relation to job-worker situations.? These items describe how a
worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:Leadership, control and
planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership,
direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing,
supervising, formulating practices, or making final
decisions.Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform
under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or
dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and
sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to
danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the
job.Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties,
often changing from one task to another of a different nature
without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant
differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental
factors, physical demands, or work situations.Communication:?
Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely;
to present ideas, facts and technical information.Interpersonal
relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task
accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize
needs and be sensitive of others.EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office
Supplies, clinical suppliesSoftware: Microsoft Office Products,
clinical information systemsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSRarely 0-10%;
Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%Body
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarrely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: OccasionallyLifting: Degree of physical exertion
is:Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of
force constantly to move objects.Sensory Abilities specifically
- HearingPHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTWORKING CONDITIONS: Position
involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- ChemicalsDisclaimer: This job description is not intended and
should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated
with the job.? It is intended to be a reflection of those principal
job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making
fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards.?
The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates,
and should not be considered absolute.? The incumbent shall perform
all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined
at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole.? Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Washington DC , Nurse Supervisor-Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery, Healthcare , Lancaster, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!