Public Health Policy Analyst
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through
our partnership with various government agencies, Kelly Government
Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and
healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading
medical research center in the world. We are seeking an Public
Health Policy Analyst to join our team in supporting a Federal
Government Customer in Washington, DC
TASKS/SERVICES. The individual shall:
- Provide support and structure for all organizational planning
efforts, integrating across multiple agencies and synchronizing
across all workstreams and staff sections.
- Synchronize and integrate operational and surge planning
efforts across key staff sections to ensure plans are developed and
nested within operational and logistic response guidance, intent,
- Develop, in collaboration with planning partners, overarching
milestones, identify potential targets and decision points,
facilitate metric and measurement establishment, and ensure
workstream milestones are nested within the planning framework and
track and report progress as required to support operational and
contingency planning, and surge planning, as needed.
- Facilitate the convening of operational planning teams, to
include setting the agenda, coordinating the meeting, capturing
notes, and publishing action items, and support the design and
execution of data collection and elicitation activities to inform
- Frame, outline, conduct course of action analysis, draft, and
coordinate review, staffing of, and communications related to
operational and contingency plans and other planning products, and
support the development of strategic and deliberate plans as
- Accelerate information flow; collection, aggregation, and
provision of actionable information and knowledge; and guidance to
and from senior leaders to the staff to ensure synchronization and
unity of effort and enable decision-making by leaders.
- Review and provide recommendations to the Chief of Plans on
planning for near-term and current response operations, systems,
and processes and demobilization of existing systems, processes,
and operations to ensure they are appropriately nested with senior
leader guidance, and they provide appropriate levels of detail to
enable rapid understanding and decision making.
- Collect, analyze, and process information on current and
- Support the establishment of organizational information
requirements and reporting schedules to support the planning
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to establish information
collection activities as necessary, e.g., Essential Elements of
Information (EEI), forecasted weather and impacts, infrastructure,
environmental, demographics, etc.
- Compile and document incident support plans.
- Document significant decisions and facts relative to the
- Conduct planning efforts to identify, track and manage key
activities in time and space to ensure synchronization across
multiple planning efforts.
- Develop strategic planning capabilities for consequence
management and forecasting, contingency planning, and exercise
- Identify potential risks to the plan or potential resource
constraints to simultaneous operations.
REQUIREMENTS. The individual must have:
- Graduate degree in public health, public policy, public
administration, political science and/or related field.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in operational and
contingency planning, analysis, and the FEMA Comprehensive Planning
Guide 101 6-step planning process (or equivalent).
- At least one (1) EMI self-study planners course.
- Demonstrated experience in the aggregation of multiple data
points, establishment of metrics and measures, conduct of course of
action analysis, and collation of information into succinct
products for senior leaders.
- Experience in facilitating collaboration across multiple
workstreams and agencies, as well as operating in interagency
and/or intergovernmental organizations.
- Self-starter with the ability to critically think at the
operational level to determine and recommend current and future
planning requirements and work simultaneously across multiple
planning lines of effort.
- Experience briefing senior leadership on a plan development,
highlighting operational and strategic impacts.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook and a working proficiency in
remote/virtual meeting environments such as Zoom and Microsoft
- Strong organizational and communication skills (e.g., time
management, communication, setting goals, delegation, working under
pressure, self-motivation, analytical thinking, and attention to
PLEASE APPLY ONLINEKelly Government Solutions offers a full range
of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health
plan including dental, vision, life and disability insurance
policies, and 401(k) match
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter
will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your
skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a
full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot
accept phone calls. Even if you arent contacted for this position,
you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have
access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the
right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity,
inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build
the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety,
value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kellys Talent
Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way
to work and live and to help discover whats next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months
ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our
employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay
Keywords: Kelly, Washington DC , Public Health Policy Analyst, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!