Registered Nurse Rapid Response - Med Surg
Company: Inova Fairfax Hospital
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Registered Nurse Rapid Response
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider.
Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time,
every touch - to each person in every community we have the
privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2
million individuals annually through an integrated network of
hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and
urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination
Inova's five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers
for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report
Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence
Inova is home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and
Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of
1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign On and Relocation
Bonus for qualified candidates.
We are seeking a full time Rapid Response Nurse - Night shift
The Rapid Response Nurse:
* utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation) to delegate, coordinate and provide
safe, therapeutic nursing care to patients/families
* makes independent judgments/decisions and takes action regarding
a wide range of routine and complex patient issues, operating under
guidelines of the Rapid Response Team
* collaborates with appropriate disciplines to coordinate
continuity of patient care from admission through discharge in
support of the medical and nursing plans of care
* acts to support adult inpatient care needs within the facility.
This includes the care of critically ill patients and transport
from an inpatient unit to the ICU
* responds as MSET Nurse, promoting effective team interactions,
patient assessment, ACLS interventions and complete/accurate
* responds to and assists with stroke alerts, assisting with plan
of care and CT initiation
* evaluates patients for Sepsis and initiates treatments as
* responds to outpatient and visitors who are in need of evaluation
and possible transportation to the Emergency Department
* provides house wide support for assessments, specialized
equipment, medication administration and a variety of staff
* maintains effective communication in order to keep patients,
families and hospital staff informed
* ensures patient safety by escalating issues, following standard
processes, maintaining equipment and uses evidence-based
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American
Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet - designation,
the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our
hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the
nation hold Magnet - designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is
proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation
is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which
include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one
the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10
Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog
Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World
Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! History of
We honor our RN'S for providing world-class healthcare-every time,
every touch- to each person in every community we have the
privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurse's!
* Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Critical Care or
Emergency Room RN with recent acute care setting experience.
* Education: BSN or AD
If Associates Degree RN, within 6 months of start date, meet with
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the
required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Must Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
* CCRN or CEN required within 6 months of start date.
* RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of
Virginia as a RN.
* BLS for Healthcare Provider certification AND ACLS required.
* Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication
* Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a
caring demeanor towards others.
* Proficient computer skills required.
Keywords: Inova Fairfax Hospital, Washington DC , Registered Nurse Rapid Response - Med Surg, Healthcare , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!