Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: February 6, 2024
CHENEGA PRO FEDERAL SOLUTIONS, LLC
The Registered Nurse is responsible for performing components of
physical exams, providing direct patient care including first aid
and routine inquiries, ergonomic assessments, administering
immunizations and vaccines, and assisting with other occupational
health services as needed.
* Perform portions of physical examination, e.g., weight, height,
blood pressure, EKG, vision, hearing, cancer screening, etc.
* Administer emergency care for illnesses and injuries of both
occupational and non-occupational origin.
* Evaluate each incident as it occurs and decide whether the
injury/illness can be effectively treated in the Health Unit,
transported immediately by ambulance to a hospital, or stabilized
in the Health Unit and later transported to a hospital.
* Administer cardiac emergency care as per current Basic Cardiac
Life Support guidelines. Administers oxygen when needed and
otherwise assist the Physician Assistant as necessary. Administer
CPR if necessary.
* Administer treatments and medications deemed necessary after
evaluating a problem. administering hot or cold compresses to
injuries as appropriate; ear irrigations for removal of cerumen;
* Responsible for venipuncture and proper handling/preparation of
specimens and proper request forms and routine specimens sent to
commercial labs for analysis; performs and/or arranges for lab work
in connection with the occupational health surveillance
* Routinely perform testing, 12 lead EKG. Require proper
preparation of patient, standardizing equipment.
* Conduct pulmonary function tests utilizing spirometer.
* Participate in special-purpose preventive health programs such as
diabetes, cholesterol, and hypertension screening, etc.
* Advise employees preparing for foreign travel assignments on
immunizations and other medical concerns related to the country or
region of destination. Administer travel-related immunizations as
order by attending physician.
* As part of the allergy program, instruct employees on Health Unit
requirements and implements proper procedures. Treat adverse
reactions and consult with Medical Officer or allergist as
* In connection with the NSF-EAP, is able to recognize employee
psychological problems when employees come to Health Unit. Refer
such employees to the EAP counselor for follow-up.
* Assist with other health services-related duties as requested by
the Physician Assistant.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Registered Nurse from an accredited program; BSN preferred.
* Possess a current Registered Nurse Licensed in any of the 50
States or District of Columbia and valid for the duration of the
* Possess and maintain, for the duration of the contract, valid
certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Basic Cardiac
Life Support (BLS).
* Minimum two (2) full years of recent full-time employment
experience as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Possess knowledge, skill, and experience required to routinely
perform vaccinations, venipuncture, EKGs, Pulmonary Function Tests,
Audiometric Exams, and Visual Acuity Exams.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all patients
and other healthcare providers.
* Experience with Microsoft Suite.
* Experience as a Registered Nurse in Occupational Health,
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use
repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or
fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
Executive Order 13495, The Non-Displacement of Qualified Workers
Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to
incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the
incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents
will not be reviewed.
Any estimated salary provided by this job board may not align with
Chenega's compensation program. Please apply to connect with a
recruiter who can provide more details.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Washington DC , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!