Lab Tech Assistant PSC Float-Full Time
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Inova Employee Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of
your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts,
Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to
$5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child
Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings
opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie
tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits and Eligibility Here:
Requirements for consideration:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of Phlebotomy training required: completion
certification from a Phlebotomy program or another Allied Health
Training program, such as Medical Assistant, MLT or MT.
Years of Experience:
- Three years of experience in a Patient Service Center
environment, laboratory or physician office environment including
two years of phlebotomy experience and registration experience.
- Basic Life Support upon start
- Manage specimen accessioning and processing
accurately/efficiently to provide quality specimens for Laboratory
- To help achieve our mission, you will perform proper specimen
and/or blood products collections by confirming patient/donor
identification, collecting specimens in proper tubes, utilizing
venipuncture/capillary techniques and accurately labeling the
specimens/blood products to ensure accurate patient
- Performing registration and reviewing billing information
accurately/efficiently in order to ensure regulatory compliance is
of vital importance.
- Your ability to provide excellent patient and customer service
by using AIDET principles and ensuring the correctness/quality of
technical information/directions provided to customers is
appropriate is required.
- Traveling to assigned facilities and working seamlessly with
teams to complete duties is expected.
- Insurances that all specimens received are done so accurately
and prioritizes specimens after collections or as they arrive in
Keywords: Inova Health System, Washington DC , Lab Tech Assistant PSC Float-Full Time, Healthcare , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!